UWS: Flying to hell or heaven???? (1 Viewer)

UWs or Macquarie Uni?

• University of Western Sydney

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Macquarie University

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Heck, based on some of the UNSW/USYD fanboy's logic, we should actually scrap the uni-cut off system and just set a base mark of 85+ to get into any university. That way, the rough 15%(or whatever) of the talented students can focus on their education and the other 85% who got <85 ATAR can get filtered away as they're nothing but illiterate dumbasses, right? Students who get 50 ATAR or whatever, they still have the opportunity to mend their ways and actually focus for a degree at university. UWS provide this opportunity to them! Why are they so 'shit' for doing this? It's not as if UWS favours these types of students and are more lenient towards them in terms of marking. UWS provides what many others neglect.
the current system pretty much lets people that get above 60 ATAR goto uni. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 60%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT ABOUT THE STUDENTS THAT GOT 30 ATAR!!!!! WHAT IF THEY WANT TO TURN THEIR LIFE AROUND AND GOTO UNI?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
the current system pretty much lets people that get above 60 ATAR goto uni. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 60%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT ABOUT THE STUDENTS THAT GOT 30 ATAR!!!!! WHAT IF THEY WANT TO TURN THEIR LIFE AROUND AND GOTO UNI?
Tafe/Colleges/University Diplomas and Certificates/Non-Award Study/STAT Test/UniTEST -> University entry.

Chahoud

HSC
Lol, I read the whole thread. Fairly interesting views from both ends of the pitch. I'll mention that I'm at UWS and I like it here. I received offer from Macquarie and UWS but I accepted UWS as I live only 5 minutes away from it, whereas I live 2.5 hours from Macquarie. Few things I'd like to say:

1. Whoever that bases their opinion of UWS simply because of a facebook page, that's actually created by UWS students FOR UWS students to poke fun at each other and share jokes, is a fucking retard. 90% of the shit people post there are pure bs or are exaggerated (I'm guilty of this). No one asked non-UWS students to read anything and think it's actually real.

2. Yes, there are students that take advantage of the low ATAR 'boosts', and good on them. At least they're getting off their arses and doing something valuable with their life to build towards a better career and future. I actually applaud UWS for this. They're providing EVERYONE an opportunity to earn themselves valuable qualifications that will assist them to avoid a shitty life. What are the 'top' unis doing on this matter? They take in all the 'bright' students, but what about the rest? What about the AVERAGE ? Who would take them in? Are everyone that get below <(80-90) ATAR supposed to just throw away their hopes of education because they could not meet the cut-off for some prestigious university?

Heck, based on some of the UNSW/USYD fanboy's logic, we should actually scrap the uni-cut off system and just set a base mark of 85+ to get into any university. That way, the rough 15%(or whatever) of the talented students can focus on their education and the other 85% who got <85 ATAR can get filtered away as they're nothing but illiterate dumbasses, right? Students who get 50 ATAR or whatever, they still have the opportunity to mend their ways and actually focus for a degree at university. UWS provide this opportunity to them! Why are they so 'shit' for doing this? It's not as if UWS favours these types of students and are more lenient towards them in terms of marking. UWS provides what many others neglect.

3. Regarding the fulli tabuli habibs that get into UWS, I've seen from personal experience what these specimens are like. They do jack shit at uni, disturb others, not attend tutorials or lectures, involve themselves in crude behaviour, etc etc. However, I'll also add that all of them get kicked from uni after the 1st semester as they simply do not pass any unit. I personally asked one of them as to why he wasn't at uni anymore, he replied, "its fucken bs bro, this uni is racist! its cauz im leb and oh i failed everything hahahha!". UWS simply does not keep these kind of people, they just GIVE them the opportunity to redeem themselves. If they're not prepared to focus and study for a degree, then they get kicked. It's as simple as that.

Really was eye-opening to see why UWS has a low reputation around BOS and in the NSW(Sydney) education system!
couldnt agree more. but not all arabs like that :3

Im assuming the people with atar < 60 did not want to attend university or highschool etc.

so out of the people that choose to goto uni, UWS takes a "hufflepuff" approach to tertiary education by "taking the rest". There will be those (MG) that tell the sorting hat they want to goto hufflepuff, but generally speaking, they take the 60/70 atar kids because they cant study elsewhere.
umm 60/70 atar kids can study elsewhere but they could have chosen uws for a numerous of reasons, i know alot of people who have gotten an atar of 90 and above that go to uws but what because they go there does that make them dumb? stop hating on the university its just as good as every other one there. By the end of the day no matter what university you go to you, you will receive the same ceritificate as everyone else.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Each university is just as good as everyone else... yeah, I think you have to stop believing that.

If you were given a degree from Harvard or something - I'd think that'd be a little bit better than the "same" degree from UWS. Just a little bit.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Each university is just as good as everyone else... yeah, I think you have to stop believing that.

If you were given a degree from Harvard or something - I'd think that'd be a little bit better than the "same" degree from UWS. Just a little bit.
Yes but saying that one uni is better than the other doesn't equate to saying that the latter is crap.

The problem is not in sayin that UNSW is better than UWS, the problem is in you saying UWS is not a good uni

Chahoud

HSC

umm no kid. Doesn't matter what uni you go to you are still being taught the same shit and no it wont be a little bit better and like i said before YOU WILL STILL GET THE SAME CERTIFICATE !
Yes but saying that one uni is better than the other doesn't equate to saying that the latter is crap.

The problem is not in sayin that UNSW is better than UWS, the problem is in you saying UWS is not a good uni
agreed.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

unis are generally hard to compare since there are too many variables. personally i think uws is shit

umm no kid. Doesn't matter what uni you go to you are still being taught the same shit and no it wont be a little bit better and like i said before YOU WILL STILL GET THE SAME CERTIFICATE !
it wont be the same because one of them will be from uws.

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Reading this thread, it pretty much sums up the reason why Shadowdude got into 3 troll fights on my facebook profile 2 weeks ago.

Although Shadowdude has a point, it's kinda unfair for those who work their asses off in high school and don't end up doing well in their ATAR. That's probably what he should consider. But for those who don't work hard in high school, get into UWS, don't work hard and don't get good grades at uni, then they should leave. But if they work hard in uni, then otherwise.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Reading this thread, it pretty much sums up the reason why Shadowdude got into 3 troll fights on my facebook profile 2 weeks ago.

Although Shadowdude has a point, it's kinda unfair for those who work their asses off in high school and don't end up doing well in their ATAR. That's probably what he should consider. But for those who don't work hard in high school, get into UWS, don't work hard and don't get good grades at uni, then they should leave. But if they work hard in uni, then otherwise.
noone that worked their ass off does bad in the hsc

mirakon

nigga
HSC
unis are generally hard to compare since there are too many variables. personally i think uws is shit

But why? Because the ATAR cut-off is lower? Once you graduate and go out into the workplace, no one gives two hoots about your atar, its the degree you got that counts

Chahoud

HSC
But why? Because the ATAR cut-off is lower? Once you graduate and go out into the workplace, no one gives two hoots about your atar, its the degree you got that counts
thats what i was trying to say but these people are to ignorant to see that.

NO not at tafe, there is no problem with getting an atar of 70/60 some people STILL tried, stop being so ignorant just because they didnt please you and get an atar of fregin 90 and above doesnt mean they cant go to uni. look at all the successful people in life most of them dropped out of school, yet theyve acheived more than you possibly could.

no kid there is no problem with uws its the same as EVERY OTHER UNIVERSITY, why dont you get that.

HSC
Uni Grad
noone that worked their ass off does bad in the hsc
lol bro, I've seen quite a few people who are just complete dumbasses, they work hard and don't get anything much.

In the general case, if you work hard, you get the results you deserve.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

In my last post, I didn't say that. I just said another was better.

agreed.
No... kid? I'm not a kid.

Anyway to be blunt - you're completely wrong. The only thing the same on two certificates is the degree name. They represent very different things. I can tell you for an absolute fact that a B Science (Advanced Mathematics) from Sydney Uni is very different to a B Science (Advanced Mathematics) at UNSW. Same degree, very different degrees.

And if you don't believe me, here are three differences:

- Sydney Uni: 3 years, UNSW: 4 years (with honours included)
- Financial Mathematics and Statistics major exclusive to Sydney, Applied Mathematics major and Quantitative Risk major exclusive to UNSW
- SCIF requirement at UNSW (and a few other core subjects that need to be done, like I think compulsory computing)

Okay? Okay.

Oh that was fun.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
But why? Because the ATAR cut-off is lower?
nope, because of the students

NO not at tafe, there is no problem with getting an atar of 70/60 some people STILL tried, stop being so ignorant just because they didnt please you and get an atar of fregin 90 and above doesnt mean they cant go to uni. look at all the successful people in life most of them dropped out of school, yet theyve acheived more than you possibly could.
you are as dumb as a fucking doorknob. unlike you & your friends at uws, I dont define "success" as becoming pregnant at age 17 and dropping out of school then convincing the government i am disabled so i get additional welfare

i dont think you understand what the term ignorant means, I think you meant arrogant. But YOU, are infact ignorant. anyone that tried and got 60/70 atar should not be going to university in the first place, its just not for them, chances are they will drop out anyways or worse, scrape by with 30k of debt and a worthless degree. they should pick up a trade or learn to suck good cock.

no kid UWS is not the same any other university, why dont you get that?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
nope, because of the students

you are as dumb as a fucking doorknob. unlike you & your friends at uws, I dont define "success" as becoming pregnant at age 17 and dropping out of school then convincing the government i am disabled so i get additional welfarei dont think you understand what the term ignorant means, I think you meant arrogant. But YOU, are infact ignorant. anyone that tried and got 60/70 atar should not be going to university in the first place, its just not for them, chances are they will drop out anyways or worse, scrape by with 30k of debt and a worthless degree. they should pick up a trade or learn to suck good cock.

no kid UWS is not the same any other university, why dont you get that?
why? because they aren't all asian?

also Chahoud is right, quite a few people make a great deal of money after dropping out of school. Uni is not the only parameter by which to define success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)