UWS Health Sciences: Units are the same/similar (In first 2 years or so) ? (1 Viewer)

Peter2013

HSC
Hello All,

I received an early offer last December for Bachelor of Health Science (Sport and Exercise Science at UWS), I have completed enrollment etc just waiting to Register for timetables.

I was comparing my course with other Health Science, in particular double degrees (Bachelor of Health Science/Master of Physiotherapy, Master of Occupational Therapy, Master of Pediatric Medicine) and noticed units such as Human Anatomy and Physiology have the same unit codes and outlines as alot of these health science degrees, and they all seem very similar to each other in the first 2 years or so, besides a few relevant-units specific to certain health sciences, such as in my course the unit "Fundamentals of Exercise Science."

I was then looking at the timetables, for the places available for lectures for the Human Anatomy and Physiology unit, and compared the numbers to my "relevant unit specific to my course", the Fundamentals of Exercise Science unit. About 600 places available for the lecture on A&P (spread out over 2 lectures, you gotta choose one obviously) and 300 for Exercise Science (just one lecture slot).

So does that mean, for example the A&P unit...

1. All health sciences with the same unit code/outline will be in the same lecture class together?
2. Additionally, are all health sciences kind of similar in the first 2 years or so? (such as my course and the ones I mentioned).

Sorry if I sound confusing... Thank you for reading.

Cheers,
Josh

Last edited:

Ryan_T90

HSC
1. Yes
2. Yes, well kind of, not so much Sport and Exercise Science.

I will be studying Podiatric Medicine and the only units I will be doing that are different to the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy students in the first 2 years are Introduction to Podiatry, Clinical Pharmacology and Podiatry Pre-Clinical. Where I have these units, the Physiotherapy and OT students will have different units related to their specific field.

Sport and Exercise Science students have similar units to Podiatric Medicine, OT and PT students in the 1st year, 2nd year not so much.

Peter2013

HSC
1. Yes
2. Yes, well kind of, not so much Sport and Exercise Science.

I will be studying Podiatric Medicine and the only units I will be doing that are different to the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy students in the first 2 years are Introduction to Podiatry, Clinical Pharmacology and Podiatry Pre-Clinical. Where I have these units, the Physiotherapy and OT students will have different units related to their specific field.

Sport and Exercise Science students have similar units to Podiatric Medicine, OT and PT students in the 1st year, 2nd year not so much.
Thank you! Yep I meant the first year. Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)