UWS med (1 Viewer)

rusty_rouge

HSC
hahaha, finally! Now I know it's you Ron - the computer game reference gave it away, you were playing it for ages yesterday!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I've found out from Kloudsurfer that knew a person in admin the cut-off for GWS students last year was 165. There were 2300 applicants to UWS med last year but only around 2000 this year, hopefully the cut-off won't rise drastically. I'm predicting that it will be around 164-8.

billy_slater

HSC
Wooz said:
It's expected to be atleast 180 for GWS students prob 185+, my careers advisor was on the interview/selection committee for UWS med last year. (176 for last year is the lowest i've heard of for a GWS student).

mate it's not. two of my good friends are doing first year med at uws, they both got mid 160s.

it will go up this year, but im fairly sure its not going to be 180. maybe early 170s maxx..

this is for gws students of course.

for the rest of yous, well your pretty boned.

billy_slater

HSC
joelv said:
At the UWS open day this year the Dean said that for gws applicants the umat needs to be round in the top 30%. Although the higher the better your rank will be, compared to others. I had a friend who said he was told by UWS that this years cut off for gws was 164+ which is much lower that what everyone else is saying but around about the top 30% mark. Although I have also heard that its definately 170+.. so I guess you can never tell. It does depend on what the competition is like.

I only got 161 so I'm crossing my fingers that I will be the luckiest guy in the world to scrape in. I've been dreaming bout getting in since I was 5.

Good luck to everyone else applying though
hey haha i'm like in the same boat. want to do med so bad but i only got 161 raw score. my perc is inside top 30% though... so i really hope that the dean was spot on haha.. cos im flirting on the edge.

how was your percentile mate?

joelv

HSC
billy_slater said:
hey haha i'm like in the same boat. want to do med so bad but i only got 161 raw score. my perc is inside top 30% though... so i really hope that the dean was spot on haha.. cos im flirting on the edge.

how was your percentile mate?
S1:51 (59%)
S2:54 (74%)
S3:56 (75%)

Total: raw; 161 (208)

My overall score was 53 (68%)

Fingers crossed we make that cutoff!! Otherwise its sit UMAT next year. Boy would that be fun

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
billy_slater said:
mate it's not. two of my good friends are doing first year med at uws, they both got mid 160s.

it will go up this year, but im fairly sure its not going to be 180. maybe early 170s maxx..

this is for gws students of course.

for the rest of yous, well your pretty boned.
Read my 2nd post and i said the lowest i heard of before was 176. GWS is prob going to be around 165 but likely to rise since the cut-off is 93 from 93, but there has been a fall in candidature that does not necessarily constitute a decline in the quality of the applicants.

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
joelv said:
S1:51 (59%)
S2:54 (74%)
S3:56 (75%)

Total: raw; 161 (208)

My overall score was 53 (68%)

Fingers crossed we make that cutoff!! Otherwise its sit UMAT next year. Boy would that be fun
I got the same UMAT score

161(210%)

I got an interview offer under the rural scheme at UNSW

Are you rural?

If so, you're in with a chance at UNCLE and Monash. Slim, but still there.

joelv

HSC
Na I'm not rural and I didnt apply to Monash. Congrats on the inteview.

Im a GWS applicant so at best UWS might be my best chance. Either that or JCU cos they dont need UMAT. If I can just get an interview somewhere I might be able to save myself

billy_slater

HSC
hey you know maybe UWS won't go by raw scores this year..?

I just got an offer for an oral assessment in dentistry wiht university of adelaide... and my raw mark was pretty shitty (low 160s)

I know from last year, everyone at my school who got an interview at adelaide dent, also got one for uws med.

come on percentiles!!! fuck the raw mark!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)