UWS or ND? (1 Viewer)

debts

HSC
N/A
i'm already enrolled in Notre Dame for B Arts (Communications & Media), but i've received an offer for B Design (Visual communications) at UWS Penrith.

i was pretty set on going to ND; but i called up my careers advisor today and she suggested that it would be stupid if i didn't take the UWS offer. her reasoning was centred around reputation, and that UWS's comms/media/design program is seen very favourably by other universities - beneficial as i'm looking to transfer next year. however because i'm taking up an Arts degree at ND it gives me the ability to do a wide variety of subjects (except design) that i'll enjoy and will provide me with a good base to enter a more focussed course somewhere the year after; and i'll be in the city closer to home and to everything else good. however apparently its reputation media wise is lacking.

i argued that surely a credit at ND is like a credit at UWS to other unis, but apparently this isn't the case.

i don't mind doing either course, but at the moment my priority is to be put into a better position to transfer the year after to UTS. so does anyone have opinions of either universities and how easy it is to transfer somewhere else?

Bananaberry

HSC
What course do you want to do at UTS? If it is a design course your best to do the UWS course cuz you will be credited for subjects you do and more likley start in 2nd year. Arts is non related to design so you will probably have to start from scratch at UTS.

debts

HSC
N/A
yeah i'm thinking of doing media production or public communication at UTS, hence why arts would make a lot more sense. whether UTS sees ND's B arts being at a reasonable standard is yet to be seen, although hearsay, mainly from my careers advisor and a few friends' stories say otherwise.

HSC
I know people who have successfully transferred from ND to other 'reputable' unis with no problem. Your GPA from ND and UWS should have the same weighting once you apply to transfer.

debts

HSC
N/A
that's exactly what i thought. damn people with qualifications trying to tell me different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)