uws->uts BscIT/Bbus: need those who've done this (1 Viewer)

boredoflife

HSC
hey guyss .. im doing B.ICT @ uws. i want to transfer to uts for BscIT/BBus. first semester i got a gpa of 4.5 =\ (2cred/2pass). my 2 cred was 1-2 marks from distinctions. (1)i was wondering if i cud mention that in the personal statements ? domt know if they would care.

(2)also i want to know the gpa of all you guys whove transferred into this course. because i heard credit average is required (gpa 5.0) and im not sure if i can pull past 5.0.

my friend did forensic science @ uws and transferred to uts with 4.6 gpa .. and then again she changed from uts to unsw with gpa 4.6 again .. (3)so i was just wondering if theres hope for me to transfer with a gpa of 4.5-.4.7 =\

(4)plus any helpful tips for the statement ? because im reall interested in networking ( really enthusiastic but not a genius on it). my cousin also works in cisco and im hoping to work in cisco networking.plus i heard u can include if your school was disadvantage or any specific disadvantages @ home. i want to show them im really interested in this course and networking.

so yeah guys .. really appreciate it if you can answer me especially those who transfered to UTS after their 1st year. my questions are in blue.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
1) you can put that you were a couple of marks away if there is a reason but they will be able to see that when you apply. tbh they probably won't care.
2) you need at least a credit average - the course can be competitive to get into, and they want to make sure that you are capable of maintaining good grades in the new degree
3) forensic science is in a different faculty, so the science admissions may be different. just do your best in this semester and put in a strong personal statement.
4) read this for what you need to put in the personal statement: UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)