Uws vs usyd (1 Viewer)

mat!!!

HSC
Ultimately i want to do physiotherapy however im tossing between
Health science/m physiotherapy at UWS and exercise sports science at sydney uni than attempting to gain entry into masters physiotherapy at sydney uni.
cheers.

dolbinau

HSC
Is UWS (Campbelltown) close?

If it is close and you want to do Physiotherapy, then I don't know why you wouldn't want to go to UWS.

Since it is at Campbelltown and you need physiology/anatomy, I assume you will be sharing resources with the MED students so it can't be that bad. And it looks like you have a few Psychology units, which apparently UWS is also strong at. It will also be 1 year less than USYD.

If USYD is within walking distance, I might re-consider.

[Unless you want to live on campus for either institution - then I'd consider that you risk not getting the GPA necessary for Physiotherapy at USYD, take an extra year, basically for the 'prestige').

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Usyd hands down as there will be many teething problems with any new program especially an entirely new one for a uni. They'll be sharing with Medical Science students on the far side of the campus. What's so good about sharing resources with medical students, AMC accredited subjects don't really overlap with anything.

Last edited:

CatOnAHorse

HSC
my bro did the sports science degree at sydney uni and really wishes he changed to physio when he had the chance, he ended up staying til the end and now he's doing a post grad in physio. he was given the chance to change to physio 6 months into his course and didn't and by the time he figured out the sports science course was getting him nowhere he figured he may aswell finish it. so it's a good course to do to change over if you wanna do physio because you can transfer easily (well my bro could have), i would suggest sydney because it's much more prestigious and you'll get a great paying job at the end. but yea don't finish the sports science course as it's a waste of time hahaha. gets you asolutely nowhere. no job prospects unless you do a post grad in something like teaching or some crap lol.

chris19

HSC
try to avoid uws at all costs, having studied their before.. Dont do it to yourself

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
try to avoid uws at all costs, having studied their before.. Dont do it to yourself

why is uws made out to that bad?

its a uni like any other, honestly, i cant stand when people criticise in a biased manner, its just soo plain old school.

so you studied there, did you graduate & find a job?

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I was tossing up the same thing, i was also considering Newcastle Uni, but ultimately it was distance for me, i'm an easy 10 minute drive from UWS and getting to Sydney Uni would be a bitch. I've also got a scholarship with UWS, so the amount of money i'll save between petrol and the scholarship made it worth it. Where abouts do you live?

Is UWS (Campbelltown) close?

If it is close and you want to do Physiotherapy, then I don't know why you wouldn't want to go to UWS.

If USYD is within walking distance, I might re-consider.
I agree with that ^^^

Personally, I like the sound of the UWS course and really, they're building a reputation in their medical/health sciences, so hopefully by the time we graduate people won't automatically scrunch their nose up at the idea of studying at UWS. But at the same time the idea of it being a new course does worry me a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)