UWS vs UTS INSEARCH (1 Viewer)

bksama

HSC
Hey guys, i have been accepted into UWS parra campus for b business and commerce yet im still deciding if i should do uts insearch for their business course and then move on to uts, as uts has a reputation as a university and its business course.

The gpa needed is about 5.75 to move on to uts from insearch for b business and 4.5 for b bus/it.

How many insearch students acutlly make it into 2nd year uts? anyone know

Last edited:

debts

HSC
N/A
nah don't bother with insearch. a business course at any uni is still better than a $16k per year diploma with no guarantees for 2nd year entry.

bksama

HSC
don't expect guarantee but a better chance of obtaing higher quality business degree?

debts

HSC
N/A
i don't think UWS's business degree is that much worse than UTS's - it is quite good in fact, and you can transfer a lot sooner than waiting out another 8 months to get into second year.

if you have the money and the time then okay, but in my opinion it is simply not worth losing a year and gaining a large debt, when instead you could work your ass off at UWS, get a credit to distinction average and get in to UTS the year after. perhaps i'm oversimplifying things but it is to me a better option.

edit: sorry just read the guide, if you do a business & commerce diploma it's 12 months and the business studies diploma is 16 months - so really you're losing only a couple of months with the latter, however both have different ATAR entry scores, 72 and 54 respectively. so really now it's more of a question of whether you are willing to pay for it or not.

Last edited:

bksama

HSC
from UWS > UTS would i start 2nd year since the degree is relevant? or would i have start from 1st year

bksama

HSC
i don't think UWS's business degree is that much worse than UTS's - it is quite good in fact, and you can transfer a lot sooner than waiting out another 8 months to get into second year.

if you have the money and the time then okay, but in my opinion it is simply not worth losing a year and gaining a large debt, when instead you could work your ass off at UWS, get a credit to distinction average and get in to UTS the year after. perhaps i'm oversimplifying things but it is to me a better option.

edit: sorry just read the guide, if you do a business & commerce diploma it's 12 months and the business studies diploma is 16 months - so really you're losing only a couple of months with the latter, however both have different ATAR entry scores, 72 and 54 respectively. so really now it's more of a question of whether you are willing to pay for it or not.
Wouldn't FEE-HELP come into use in this situation anyway? if so i shuold have nothing to worry about? yes i will be paying 20% which is about $6000?

Last edited:

debts

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't FEE-HELP come into use in this situation anyway? if so i shuold have nothing to worry about? yes i will be paying 20% which is about $6000?
yes it would, but you would just have a large debt. it would be $6000 a semester if you paid 20% upfront, but still the overall cost would be $18-24 thousand for the entire course over a 12 and 16 month period respectively.

from UWS > UTS would i start 2nd year since the degree is relevant? or would i have start from 1st year
you would have advance standing in that course so yeah, you should begin second year at UTS.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
UWS - If you get a GPA of 5.75 at UWS you should be able to transfer out of UWS anyway and if you don't, at least you'll still have a guaranteed degree to finish in 2nd year. Note only that but UTS insearch is expensive :/

Last edited:

bksama

HSC
$6000 a semester? its $7500 a semester and are 4 total of $30k meaning 20% i would only have to pay $6000 total?. man their site is so confusing

SFinspired

HSC
best if you go to an insearch information session to ask your questions

Bananaberry

HSC
I'm a UWS business graduate. There is nothing wrong with UWS business degrees. If you are rich and want to waste money on a non-guaranteed program just becuase it is at a "better" uni, then do it. The smart thing to do would be to go to UWS for a year and transfer, and you wouldent even need a GPA of 5.75 to transfer to UTS, depending on your ATAR

debts

HSC
N/A
best if you go to an insearch information session to ask your questions
that's kinda like asking a honda salesman whether a honda car is good or not imo, although who knows

$6000 a semester? its $7500 a semester and are 4 total of $30k meaning 20% i would only have to pay $6000 total?. man their site is so confusing
it's definitely not 'pay only 20% of total' - what they probably meant is that if you pay part of your fees upfront, then you get a 20% discount (although don't quote me on this) - show me the link where it states that. if you grab a brochure from them it has the details and fees laid out clearly, although the website has the fees right there on the course info.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)