UWS vs UTS INSEARCH (1 Viewer)

bksama

HSC
Hey guys, i have been accepted into UWS parra campus for b business and commerce yet im still deciding if i should do uts insearch for their business course and then move on to uts, as uts has a reputation as a university and its business course.

The gpa needed is about 5.75 to move on to uts from insearch for b business and 4.5 for b bus/it.

How many insearch LOCAL students acutlly make it into 2nd year uts? anyone know?

My biggest fear is actually getting the required GPA or WAM and still miss out on a spot =(

manavji

HSC
N/A
UTS insearch is a lot of money... compared to UWS...

I studied last year at UWS and had a GPA of 4.57 (5 = credit, 4 = pass) and i put in a transfer application to UTS / Macquarie.

I wasnt accepted by UTS, but macquarie sent me an offer for B Commerce.

So i am assuming that to get into UTS from UWS, you are looking at something like a GPA of 5.0... and me having studied at UWS, let me tell you something.. its not hard to get 5.0 at UWS.

So its upto you, if you want to risk going to Insearch or you want to go to UWS.... because just incase if you DONT get into uts after studying at insearch... you are pretty much left with something which is equal to a diploma qualification, as where if you dont get into uts through UWS... you can still go on and complete your degree at UWS.

layzeehbum

HSC
UTS Insearch is very costly lol. Go for it if you're willing to pay that much money. If not, then stick with UWS and then if for whatever reason you're still don't like it, transfer to other unis. It doesn't have to be UTS.. there are still other options out there :p

Good luck!

I studied last year at UWS and had a GPA of 4.57 (5 = credit, 4 = pass) and i put in a transfer application to UTS / Macquarie.

I wasnt accepted by UTS, but macquarie sent me an offer for B Commerce.

So i am assuming that to get into UTS from UWS, you are looking at something like a GPA of 5.0... and me having studied at UWS, let me tell you something.. its not hard to get 5.0 at UWS.

So its upto you, if you want to risk going to Insearch or you want to go to UWS.... because just incase if you DONT get into uts after studying at insearch... you are pretty much left with something which is equal to a diploma qualification, as where if you dont get into uts through UWS... you can still go on and complete your degree at UWS.
I've been hearing a lot of things about GPA. What exactly is it and how does it work?

Bananaberry

HSC
How did you work that out.

GPA is worked out this way (from memory)

Pass = 4
Credit = 5
Distiction - 6
HD - 7

Say you do 4 units in your first semester and get a credit for everyoe one, then your GPA = 5. If you get 2 passes, 2 credits GPA = 4.5. You just average it.

I forget what a fail is worth, if anyone can clarify that.

BTW it differs with all uni's. This is the way it was at mine.

Last edited:

rajputsingh

HSC

You say it is easy yet you did not get a GPA of 5.

To the OP i'd suggest that you go to UWS and then transfer. Even if you do not get your transfer, you will st be in a business degree.

SFinspired

HSC
And how do you know this?

btw, did anyone attend the info sessions?

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
Go to UWS and study hard if you really want to transfer, don't waste your money with Insearch as you're just limited to UTS.

I studied Business/Arts at UWS Parra and got a credit/distinction average and was able to transfer to Business/Int. Studies at UTS.

I ended up doing Engineering and I've know a lot of guys that transferred with fails, so even if you don't do that well, there's still hope.

But who knows, at the end of the day you might like it at UWS...

manavji

HSC
N/A
Go to UWS and study hard if you really want to transfer, don't waste your money with Insearch as you're just limited to UTS.
Well said.. if you go to UWS and study hard, you have a chance to transfer to any university in australia, however INSEARCH is expensive and limited to transfers to UTS only.

SFinspired

HSC
Well said.. if you go to UWS and study hard, you have a chance to transfer to any university in australia, however INSEARCH is expensive and limited to transfers to UTS only.
HAHAHHA how misinformed you are.
The diploma of Insearch is a certified AQF so that means you can be accredited to any other university. I know plenty of friends who successfully transferred to Macquarie uni, UoW from Insearch that has been awarded subject exemptions.

Not that I support the notion of going to Insearch anyway...

manavji

HSC
N/A
haha i dont get what was so funny about what i said... but ohhk i didnt know that... but you would rather go to a uni and pay less and get the same transfer newai

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
Tafe is also another option, you can probably get most things exempted and you can save a shitload of money.

They're also AQF qualified etc etc

Insearch Info

HSC
If your heart is set on going to UTS and you missed out, UTS:INSEARCH is your second chance. INSEARCH students get up to 48 credit points of advanced standing which is equivalent to one year of study at UTS. This means you will complete your studies the same time as your friends who go straight into a uni degree, no time wasted!

INSEARCH diploma courses are designed in conjunction with UTS faculties and taught by industry-experienced teaching staff. INSEARCH students receive greater learning support with smaller class sizes and more face-to-face teaching time. INSEARCH students have access to the UTS library, gym, 24 hour computer facilities and UTS social and sporting clubs which gives them the experience of university life while studying at INSEARCH.

FEE-HELP is also available for eligible INSEARCH students.

85% of INSEARCH graduates who were eligible to go to UTS in 2009 enrolled in their selected courses (and other graduates also choose to finish their studies at other metropolitan universities)

INSEARCH provides pathway diploma courses to UTS Bachelor degrees in the following areas of study: Business, Design, Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Architecture, Communication and Nursing.

If you would like more information please call 1800 896 994 or email information@insearch.edu.au. Applications close Friday 19 February 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)