• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uwsforums.com (1 Viewer)

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
wen uni starts post back here and tell us wat ur opinion is of the 2 uni's

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
the uni doesnt really matter, only depends on the course ur doing i reckon

ie. commerce at any uni wouldnt hv much of a difference wen getting a job after

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
the uni doesnt really matter, only depends on the course ur doing i reckon

ie. commerce at any uni wouldnt hv much of a difference wen getting a job after
its not what i heard- eg. employers would rather prefer a commerce degree from UNSW, than say UWS(sorry thats the one tat came to mind). :D

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
shouldnt always rely on wat u hear

in reality its different

i got my job out of 400 applicants and im a uws student

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
shouldnt always rely on wat u hear

in reality its different

i got my job out of 400 applicants and im a uws student
yeah- maybe u had better marks, or had more experience- thats what probably set u apart!

mel81

Originally posted by freaking_out
its not what i heard- eg. employers would rather prefer a commerce degree from UNSW, than say UWS(sorry thats the one tat came to mind). :D
That is complete crap, employers don't care about where you got your degree they only care about whether or not you have a degree (and even then for some employers thats only to a certain extent). I worked in the coporate world before I started uni and my boyfriend is in a senior IT position at a large corporation and I can assure you when it comes to recruiting where you got a degree is not even considered, your grades are much more important however even more important than having a degree is experience and professional certification and training. I might also mention that my dad is a manager in a large international bank and for entry level positions he prefers TAFE grads over uni grads because (and even though he wants me to get a degree) he thinks uni grads think they know everything when in fact they know nothing when it comes to the real world.

The content of the course is pretty much the same standard no matter where you get you degree and UWS is no easier than any other uni. My uncle is a lecturer in business at a number of universities in and around sydney (including UWS) and he dosn't care what uni he as at he teaches and marks to the same standard.

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by mel81
That is complete crap, employers don't care about where you got your degree they only care about whether or not you have a degree (and even then for some employers thats only to a certain extent). I worked in the coporate world before I started uni and my boyfriend is in a senior IT position at a large corporation and I can assure you when it comes to recruiting where you got a degree is not even considered, your grades are much more important however even more important than having a degree is experience and professional certification and training. I might also mention that my dad is a manager in a large international bank and for entry level positions he prefers TAFE grads over uni grads because (and even though he wants me to get a degree) he thinks uni grads think they know everything when in fact they know nothing when it comes to the real world.

The content of the course is pretty much the same standard no matter where you get you degree and UWS is no easier than any other uni. My uncle is a lecturer in business at a number of universities in and around sydney (including UWS) and he dosn't care what uni he as at he teaches and marks to the same standard.
yeah, i agree- if u want good job rates- go to UTS...but usyd and UNSW are famous for their facilities, teaching qualitiy and prestige around the world.

mel81

Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, i agree- if u want good job rates- go to UTS...but usyd and UNSW are famous for their facilities, teaching qualitiy and prestige around the world.
Nope they only got prestige in Australia, unfortunatly no Australian univeristies have prestige round the world. If you want a university with international prestige the you gotta go to oxford or an american ivy-league school.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by mel81
Nope they only got prestige in Australia, unfortunatly no Australian univeristies have prestige round the world. If you want a university with international prestige the you gotta go to oxford or an american ivy-league school.
yes, but they have the highest prestige in australia but!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)