• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

V8 Supercars 2006 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
How about you look up the V8 supercar website?

Todd won from Skaife. Top ford was Lowndes in 3rd.
Dangerous Rick DNFed after one lap. I haven't watched the race. I'm currently banned from watching todays telecast of F1.

Loved Courtney crashing Ambroses 2004 championship winning car :p
3 races, 3 crashes. Good record, and to think, this guy was on the edge of an F1 drive.

Barrichello is also looking for a drive at the Bathurst 1000.

Edit: Richards got a time penalty equivalent to a drive through. Anyone know what happened? Some overtaking move?

Last edited:

richz

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA, GO HRT. Skaife came second with a 2002 car lmao, and whincup the dropkick went off in the final lap, told u he cant drive. He also knocked Rick off, wtf?

Hmmmm.. i dunno wat happened to jason richards, i heard he came 3rd race but i just looked on the web and he was last :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Why do you always nit-pick everything I say?

I don't think that the Barrichello wanting to race at Bathurst is an April Fools joke. He was at the Clipsal 500 last weekend, and he is good friends with Max. Likes the v8s. Maybe he'd drive better in them than that honda :p

I still don't understand why Richards got the penalty. I've watched the first 3 laps, i dunno, I'm half asleep still. Obviously AVESCO thought it would be good to have Lowndes on the podium.

Too confusing ... too much happening.

You were busy with uni, someone decided to be a smartass and put my friday class 1pm - 4pm. I'm going to kill them! I haven't finished fridays coverage yet!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You have a thing or two to learn about F1 drivers. You know why they love Melbourne? Its because the atmosphere is so relaxed. At every other track they just sit in their motorhomes, but here they sit out in the paddock chating and eating etc.

I'd like to see Schumi drive a v8 supercar :D

And I'm not surprised by yesterdays timing. Those third drivers as such, don't have to limit the life of their engines like race drivers do.

Channel 10 coverage of the GP sucks big time this year. Are Mclaren, and Ferrari even at the track? I've barely seen them!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They shouldn't put v8 supercars right after qualifying, I have been in the biggest stress mood since 2pm *takes a deep breath*

I don't think it was really a stupid mistake, your either going to gain or loose. Atleast theres overtaking.

And dangerous rick was up to his old tricks. And good to see Courtney didn't crash during todays race.

Can't believe Todd pipped Lowndes right on the start/finish line! Gah! Can't possibily get any worse.

Oh, and they delayed the race for ferrari. Proof that the world revolves around Ferrari :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Whats nothing to smile about?

I know, its been a pretty bad day all around :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I thought that it was funny!

But those red cars up the front today looked fasterish, wonder if that means MS is back? Hope not.
I reckon they could give Lowndes a run for the championship.

Steven Richards just got lucky.

richz

HAHAHAHA,

Skaifey is back i hope.

HOLDENS PWNED FORD

HOLDENS WILL ALWAYS BE > FORD

richz

ok,

Ford is made by americans. u have anything to say

kthnxbye

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ford and Holden are made by the same company anyway.

But todays race was rather boring, except the start.

3 weeks until Puke, hopefully someone will be able to stop Murph there. And the second race of the grand prix round should have been reverse gird to get the teams familar with it.

richz

Cape said:
Ford and Holden are made by the same company anyway.

But todays race was rather boring, except the start.

3 weeks until Puke, hopefully someone will be able to stop Murph there. And the second race of the grand prix round should have been reverse gird to get the teams familar with it.
hopefully skaifey :D. But Richo (jason) mite have a chance becuz his in a pacy car.

richz

Argonaut said:
I'm perfectly aware of that. In fact, that's the catalyst for the whole problem with Holden fans. they believe that Australia is sticking it to America because Holden is beating Ford, but they refuse to believe that Holden don't actually build the cars and argue that Holden "started off as Australian and is therefore Australian" when you tell them they're owned by another American company.
ok,

but i just support holden because they are holden. I like the cars and holden just appeals to me. For ford most of their cars are based on the BA falcon (ie they have the exact same design/shell). ie the typhoon and the gts r just xr6s or xr8s with decals + badge

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But the BA is one sexy car though :uhhuh:
Its there most successful car, why change something that isn't broken?

Anyway V8 people, help me decide which race to go to:
- Oran Park, and possibly Phillip Island
OR
- Bathurst?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Kylie, I know what Bathurst looks like, I've walked the track :p

OMG! I just bought V8 supercars 3 for the ps2. Bloody fantastic. Except in my first race, I got disqualified for smashing Ambrose into turn 8 at Adelaide (I couldn't help it).

Skaife will win, win the wooden spoon :D
Current championship position - 31st (dead last) with 0 points. Isn't that just great :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Yeah yeah yeah..shut up, its only been ONE championship round so far.
Root for Rick!!
You can only drop ONE worst round, better hope that he doesn't have any more bad rounds.

Rick has taken over Ambrose's mantle. If he can't win based on strategy and speed, he will simply smash everyone off the road to win.

Argonaut said:
Oh Cape's already given the championship to Lowndes. As far as she's concerned, it's all over.

I would so love to see her in our college, especially with the motorsport crowd - Tourist (Jenson Button fan), Benny G (consumate Holden man), The Chad and Mal (me).
I wasn't the only one who said Lowndes has the championship. I read it in the paper!

I'd be scared in your college, I'd open my big mouth as I usually do and then someone would probably punch me. I go stupid during races =/

Alternatively I could go and watch a race there. But why travel like 600km when I can walk a couple of meters to the tv.

richz

hey cape

i wudnt go 2 bathurst, even though its an awesome atmosphere u dont see much.

Maybe Oran park.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thats the thing, the atmosphere at Bathurst is better than any other race. I've been to a few races at Eastern Creek, and no one really knew what was happening. The only time there was every any atmosphere at Eastern Creek was when I was standing at the control line at the end of pit lane.
Oran Park is such a bitch to get to though =/ Its seriously easier to get to Bathurst than to Oran Park.
Either way, any track you don't really see much at all. Last time I went to Eastern Creek they didn't even have big screen tvs, and they had limited PA systems.

Oi Argo! You pay my train fare to Armidale and I'd watch a race with your motorsport crowd. After I learn to control my out-bursts during a race :p
I'm worse than Crompton that time when Murph hit Lowndes off at Winton a few years ago.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
I'm thinkin' you should come up for Silverstone, Tourist's home grand prix.
Like I said. You be a gentleman and pay my train fare, and I would.

Argh shit! Ferrari always do bad at Silverstone!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
That's the reason I chose it; your hated of England and Jenson up agaisnt Tourist's love of all things English.
Oh, and here I was thinking that you wanted to watch a race with me :(

Instead, you just wanted to put me in a situation against people who are as stubborn as me!

Oh, how did you know I hated England? I never told you that, or did I......

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
It could generally be picked up in your intense dislike for Button adn Silverstone.

Plus, I'm psychic. Selectively psychic.
So you didn't want to watch a race with me? You just broke my heart!

But Button is an overrated pom, 103 gps, 3 poles, 0 wins :p

Silverstone is alright, not the best.

You better not be selectively psychic towards me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)