vac work (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
anyone doing vac work over these holidays? big4/ib etc... ?

how much u getting paid?

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
big 4 melbourne
25 p/h (obviously not deloitte and their 26 - rich b@!$!@!s)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You guys are getting paid more than what I did last year =\ lol.

Conspirocy

HSC
hahaha dealt with...did u deadset get offers from all of them to know that, or did a mate tell you some of them ?

lizbon

HSC
i'm going to a big 4 that's paying 26/hr

my mate got into UBS operations (back office), they only get around 800 a week. I also know a few people goin to macq and they're getting 1000 a week.

at the end of the day, the money doesn't really matter, it's all about gaining some valuable experience and getting a taste of what a corporate environment is like.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
nah pay's not all i care about.. just wanted to know out of curiosity hehe...
also as a comparison to what i get since im a part timer

damn i wonder what that ubs figure would look like in an hourly rate haha

Conspirocy

HSC
:: ck :: said:
nah pay's not all i care about.. just wanted to know out of curiosity hehe...
also as a comparison to what i get since im a part timer

damn i wonder what that ubs figure would look like in an hourly rate haha
you can't really compare, vac work is casual and gets a loading

Archimedes

HSC
I know a mate who is working at ANZ for a 10-week internship over summer. $220 per day.

Can someone tell me why vacationers get paid so much more than grads? I find that quite strange!

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
damn ubs is giving heaps good.
yeh i agree as a vac its more about experience, hope theres heaps of boozefests though.

lizbon

HSC
Archimedes said:
I know a mate who is working at ANZ for a 10-week internship over summer. $220 per day.

Can someone tell me why vacationers get paid so much more than grads? I find that quite strange!
you do realise that IB interns in the IBD will work like 15 hrs (or more) a day, while the guys in trading work ard 13, the hourly rate isnt as good you think it is.

The vacationer pay rate is basically pro rata of a first yr grad's base salary + loading to compensate for the absence annual and sick leave, it's not actually that much higher. e.g 1550 a week equates to ard 80k a year which is what a first yr IB analyst gets.

turtleface

HSC
lol SCORE! I just reread my contract and contrasted it to last years. Thanks to a change from "super from your hourly rate" to "super in addition to your hourly rate", Big 4 Melbourne this year is $27.25 per hour = $1022 a week :) ("almost" as good as IB rates) (Better imo, since IB vacs work about 15 hours a day.)

Archimedes said:
Its cause vacationers get a loading in lieu of leave, sick pay etc. At Big 4, Vacationer salary is the same as graduate salary because both are basically inexperienced students.

The trick is to times the hourly rate for vacationers by xx hours per week X 48 weeks, not 52.

huangker

Crammer
HSC
In anycase $26 ph is good pay for uni student.

BTW has anyone worked at EY for vac work and been taken to the Blue Mountains for training? What could you possibly do down there?

lizbon

HSC
from what i've heard, this year is the first time they're taking the vacationers to the blue mountains and it'll cover the technical training needed on the job (and provide some team bonding of course)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)