• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

vacation work position (1 Viewer)

kufu

HSC
I don't know if I posted in here before but I recently started a new forum (very similar to this one) at http://unilife.gluga.com. We already have a few members and are growing at a steady rate.

Anyway, one of our sections is an Employment forum and we just got our first position advertised. It is based in Newcastle. Here's the direct link: http://unilife.gluga.com/viewtopic.php?t=42

kufu

HSC
I didn't know that but to anyone who hasn't seen it yet you may check it out at the link above (and hopefully sign up to the forums while you're at it, although guests are welcomed to post too :))

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
I'm a little surprised you've decided to make a forum "very similar to this one". This one seems to have the advantage of already having 65,644 members. What are you going to offer differently to make it worthwhile for people to join up? And what do ou think is wrong with BoS?

kufu

HSC
great_gregory said:
I'm a little surprised you've decided to make a forum "very similar to this one". This one seems to have the advantage of already having 65,644 members. What are you going to offer differently to make it worthwhile for people to join up? And what do ou think is wrong with BoS?
The site was an idea I had one morning while I was trying to avoid study. I did some quick research (read: google) and did not come accross the BoS forums. I even went to the BoS website and had a look but found no link on the index page, so I decided to go ahead with the idea.

I was told later about the BoS forums and yes, they are very similar and have a lot of members. Rather then give up on it just yet though I've decided to see where it will go. I may expand it to a world-wide forum for university students from everywhere but that would require some serious though about structure (there are over 7000 universities, having a subforum for each is not administratevly feasible).

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
çool, well uh, thanks for that... I'm not suitable for the job so I'm not interested anymore

oh boffins!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
kufu said:
The site was an idea I had one morning while I was trying to avoid study. I did some quick research (read: google) and did not come accross the BoS forums. I even went to the BoS website and had a look but found no link on the index page, so I decided to go ahead with the idea.

I was told later about the BoS forums and yes, they are very similar and have a lot of members. Rather then give up on it just yet though I've decided to see where it will go. I may expand it to a world-wide forum for university students from everywhere but that would require some serious though about structure (there are over 7000 universities, having a subforum for each is not administratevly feasible).
If you're planning on making money from it, I want in.

kufu

HSC
great_gregory said:
What are you going to offer differently to make it worthwhile for people to join up?
That was a very good question so as of now unilife has gone global! It still has all the Australian sections it had before but in time we'll incorporate sections for students from all around the world.

On top of that the forum is always being updated with the latest features to increase usability (spellchecker, speed optimized interface, various member benefits and so on).

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
you would, fucker

Edit: Wait, jumbie, can i be a bitch first???
Fuck no. You suck at it, anyway.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
kufu said:
That was a very good question so as of now unilife has gone global! It still has all the Australian sections it had before but in time we'll incorporate sections for students from all around the world.

On top of that the forum is always being updated with the latest features to increase usability (spellchecker, speed optimized interface, various member benefits and so on).
you suck.
go away n advertise sumwhere else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)