Vacation Work (1 Viewer)

Maori

HSC
I thought I'd make a thread in the tradition of the cadetships thread that was posted earlier. I was thinking people could post about whether they'd been accepted or not, post about their experiences and ask questions for interviews in preparation for the upcoming Vacation season.

Myself, I'm pretty excited, I got a call from PwC for Performance Improvement... and they want me to come in for an info session in the morning tomorrow! Didn't even think to get my suit drycleaned, and I've got a few dirty shirts, oh well. Apparently I'll be looking to wait the rest of the week for the other firms, so fingers crossed for them...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
NICE! What exactly is Performance Improvement?

KittySanchez

HSC
Congrats Maori!!

Im still finishing my application - do you guys know if they close at 5pm or midnight?? Btw, do you guys have any pointers for the questions where you describe your most memorable moment or a time when you "inspired others" :( ... should you try to make these work related???

Cheers!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Usually midnight, but I would personally be aiming for 5pm, or at least have had it done by now :p As evident by the post above, some companies can call you up even before the closing date and not even look at any applications after that for that division.

Performance Improvement is pretty much what the name says. It's a division that helps companies improve their performance in areas like IT, finance, etc. They have sub-divisons for different areas within PI. I applied for it earlier in the year but I don't remember the specifics.

Maori

HSC
Actually, seeing as how I seem to be the only person from Melbourne on these forums, I may have mistimed this thread. They didn't contact me early, our applications were just due in earlier (1st of september)

How fast do they tend to make offers btw? I received that offer yesterday, and hadn't heard back from the rest by today, do you think its too late now?

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
I've from Melbourne too :burn:

Most of my friends have gotten calls now, with Deloitte and Grant Thornton seeming to accept the most people for interviews (out of people I know)

Pitcher Partners sent a letter of rejection pretty much a business day later to pretty much everyone I know except for 1 person lol.

Regarding how long it takes for them to contact you and stuff. There is often a huge time differential. For instance, a few mates of mine were contacted by Deloitte on Monday whilst some got told today. It depends on your division, and how long it takes for them to read your application, and also whether they can reach you or not (eg if you switch off your phone). I'd say your chances are not good if you don't get called by the end of this week or early next week. But you never know, one of my friends for grad got called like 11 days after applications were due.

Last edited:

KittySanchez

HSC
theone123 said:
anyone hear from Pitcher, Sydney?
Nope not yet. Just got an interview with WHK though. Wonder how long Big4 in sydney will take to respond...:confused:

H?

buddy
HSC
Just got some group assessment with BDO. No response from anyone else.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
H? said:
Just got some group assessment with BDO. No response from anyone else.
cool, so i will be seeing u there

you know what it will be like?

NiKz*~

HSC
just got a call from Ey and PwC, they said they've finished going through all their apps

Maori

HSC
Hmm, this isn't looking good, still havent heard back from the rest of the Big 4.

TheOne123, I wouldnt hold out much hope for Deloitte, they seem to have been the quickest to have gotten their applications done. They're also the only firm I have received a confirmed rejection from.

I'm holding onto the slightest of hopes to EY and KPMG tho. Apparently, they are still going through applications, but if what Nikz says is true, they may just be avoiding me. All the same, I know that EY for some reason started quite late with respect to going through applications, they hadnt even made any decisions for some divisions as late as just yesterday...

baker182

HSC
H? said:
Just got a call from McGrathNicol, group assessment.
i got a call today too, they said they are sending the invites via email, but i have'nt got one let. Have they sent you an email?

NiKz*~

HSC
hey maori, you're from melbourne so im guessing different people are going through the apps and so there will be different response times compared to those here in sydney?
unless you applied for syd as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)