Valuable Resource: VA Standards Package (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
In case some of you do not know about this, I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Standards Packages contain samples of student answers from previous HSC exams. The examples chosen illustrate answers which earned marks at the borderline between each pair of performance bands. Where possible, answers earning full marks are also included as exemplars.

You can access the 2002 Visual Arts Standards Package online. It contains samples of student answers for the entire exam, split up into band 1/2, band 2/3, band 3/4, band 4/5 and band 5/6 answers.

There is also examples of Body of Works, set up in the same manner. You can chose to see Painting band 1-6 works, Printmaking 1-6, Sculpture 1-6 etc. Each is accompanied with a markers comment on why the work was placed within that particular band level.

It's an extremelly valuable resource for all students and teachers, and I'd recommend you all go take a look at it.

http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/standards-packs/SP02_15400/

Hope you're all enjoying your holidays, and that your BOWs aren't causing you too much (or too little!) stress.

See you around,
Collette :)

Last edited:

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
Thanks for the link Collette, I've heard about this before but didn't know where to find it :p It says it's from the 2002 HSC, did they stop making standards packages?

It's funny reading some of the band 1/2 responses :D

HSC
N/A
Heyyyyy long time no speak :)

They did make a 2001 Standards Package, but the online version doesn't appear to be working. And as far as I can tell, they were only made in 2001 and 2002.

I think their main purpose was for the first students and teachers of the New HSC to understand the whole 'band' system.... so they only made them for two years. It's a great resource though! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)