• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

vanilla sky - imaginative journey (1 Viewer)

lisey

HSC
Hey is anyone doing vanilla sky as a related text for imaginative journeys?? I've written a prepared essay allready but i'm just wondering on ideas to relate it to coleridge????
thanks if anyone as any ideas :)

poodoorfan

fherrfhewrufgui

i dunno how to really relate it to coleridge, that movie got me sooooooooooo confused i had no idea what was happening, BUT if you are doing the road not taken from the stimulus booklet then you could relate to that by saying how they both wonder what their life would have been like if they had of taken a different path in their lives, That is what happened in the movie isn't it? sorry haven't seen it for a while but i thought tom cruise imagine life with both girls, or if he hadn't gotten into the car with the cameron diaz girl. anyway hoped thats helped a little,

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
AAAR!!!!!

My unique piece lol ... Im doing Vanilla Sky (hint: if you have the dvd, listen to the directors commentary ... *invaluable*), basically, as im doing Rime of the ancient Mariner and Lime Tree Bower, i focus on the meandering between reality and fantasy, and the use of the imaginative journey to satisfy what we lack in reality, either explicitly or subtly. Besides that, I have a series of thesis statements that link each text to the notion of the 'imaginative journey' and so that tends to be my priority, with integration between texts used just to support.

Theres plenty of scenes which suggest this "lacking" in reality (the running through times square opening for example), remember though to stay focused on the general relationship to the imaginative journey

lisey

HSC
thanks !
yeah that helps, oh well 3 days to go not much i can do really!! aarrgghh so scary just want these bloody exams over!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)