Veering off into accounting (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I find that a lot of the people doing commerce, are doing it because: they think it'll get them a job, their parents made them or they have no idea what they want to do.
I fall into the first and second categories, but I'm doing a double.

Accounting does seem pretty easy to do, but doing it just because it looks easy is going to suck when you get a job. A few people I know that did Accounting aren't even working in those kinds of fields.
True, but some people genuinely enjoy it. I admit it actually interests me.

Raix

HSC
To be honest I'm kind of enjoying my commerce units right now. Micro's pretty good and accounting's decent if I'm doing practical questions haha
I'm just saying a lot of people people don't like it at all.

fishfingerz

HSC
changed my mind, everyone! imma do accounting. don't want to waste 3 years of my life doing med science if i don't gain entry into med. although i am still going to sit the gamsat. will probably have to do a prep course for it as it requires some science based knowledge.

anyways, since i have only begun my research for this occupation, has anyone any advice? as to which uni? or which course (as there are several different courses which all provide accounting as a major). eg. Accounting Degrees - Department of Accounting and Finance - Macquarie University
p.s. i expect to get an atar from 82-89

duckcowhybrid

HSC
changed my mind, everyone! imma do accounting. don't want to waste 3 years of my life doing med science if i don't gain entry into med. although i am still going to sit the gamsat. will probably have to do a prep course for it as it requires some science based knowledge.

anyways, since i have only begun my research for this occupation, has anyone any advice? as to which uni? or which course (as there are several different courses which all provide accounting as a major). eg. Accounting Degrees - Department of Accounting and Finance - Macquarie University
p.s. i expect to get an atar from 82-89
/facepalm. You should never ever be a doctor. You have no passion for it. Go do Mining Engineering for Money. 100% employment rate + 80-100k grad salaries.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
lol yes its true. i do love my money.
anyways the only health related course that would provide me any interest (after med science) is med, dentistry or optometry. so if i don't make it into any of those (bad interview or low gamsat score) then my choice would be doing a masters in accounting. easy job. good pay.

there were just some things i don't understand. what is the difference in doing this shortened masters course as opposed to a bachelor of accounting for about 3-4 yrs? and is the only entry requirement getting a gpa of 2.7/4 from the bachelors degree? and is it hard to get in?
If you love your money, then I wouldn't do Med. There are easier ways to make a lot of cash. That being said, you should consider other courses like Physiotherapy, which is very similar to first year and second year medicine and attempt a transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)