Verge Arts Festival 5th -23rd September 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I think verge deserves its own thread. For those of you living under a rock, verge is the annual arts festival and involves 3 weeks of art, music, performances, open air cinema (harry potter in the quad).

Who has decided what events they want to go to? anybody involved in anything special?

now comes the ad...

Madsoc (sydner uni movement and dance society) are performing in "boogie nights", thursday the 15th in Manning bar at 7:00. But wait... this is not just an ordinary performance... not that any are ordinary... but not only do we have jazz, funk, hip-hop, ballet, contemporary, armenian, capoeira (maybe) but we have a dance competition afterwards, with prizes including free beer!!!!! The categories include girls(skanks) of pop, bad 80's and michael jackson and prizes go to the person with the slickest moves, and the people that make the biggest fools of themselves!!! Afterwards at 9:00, sydney's top female DJ's are coming in for 'housekeeping', so you can dance the night away

We're also going to be in the incubator next wednesday from 11:30 till 2:00, on the sunken lawns, so come check us out. (in all senses of the words)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The four student societies at the Con will not be participating in Verge this year, in protest of the despicible treatment perpetrated against Con students at last year's festival.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm going to the Saturday installment of the engo revue.

moderngirl

HSC
anyone seen the caravan parked outside manning yet? what's that about?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
isn't that the traveling art gallery?

OH and this thursday at 3 there is a FREE hip-hop/funk class taught by Juliette Verne, a proffesional dancer/teacher, who is coming out especially for verge. This class is open to all USU members, of all ages and dance experience. We paid for her to come, so it would be good to get people to go.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
Did anybody see the bubble today? We were in it... OMG its so hot in there... and there was like no fucking room. But it was hillarious. Most fun I've had in ages. I guess I'm a born exhibitionist.. I wonder if a gave out fliers to any BOS people today. That would be hillarious...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
21st september. keep your calendar clear. im organising a gig and it's shaping up to have a good line up. afterwards, all are welcome to come out to the pub to celebrate my 19th. apart from ujuphleg. because she's mod.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
llamalope said:
thats the day before my b'day.... i'll only come if you come on the 15th to boogie nights
hahahhah! what?! my birthday is on the 22nd!!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
omg we're like SAME!!! and the same age too.... freaky. I was going to go to the formal and fettish party with my madsoc friends, but i have my audition for waapa the next day. but what sucks is i have a 3 hr chem prac, and a psych report due on my b'day

stazi

Nightman
HSC
llamalope said:
omg we're like SAME!!! and the same age too.... freaky. I was going to go tothe formal and fettish party with my madsoc friends, but i have my audition for waapa the next day. but what sucks is i have a 3 hr chem prac, and a psych report due on my b'day
yeah ive got crazy shit due on/after my bday too :(
OMG TWINS! We must secks!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i wouldn't know. i can get my groove on. but i dont know if im good.
i like moshing. wooo moshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)