Very general question about pharmacy (and related) (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
Once you finish the degree are you a doctor? or do you have to complete set hours at a pharmacist to be registered at a doctor?

making chemicals in labs...is this medical science?

also can pharm ONLY be studied at Sydney Uni?

Thanks, i told you they were general :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
The BPharm degree does not allow you to practice as a medical doctor. Do MBBS if you want to be a doctor.

BMedSc graduates can pursue a field far wider than making chemicals in labs, nor are they the only people making chemicals in labs. As for what BMedSc people can do, I'm not sure.

I'm sure BPharm is offered elsewhere.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Templar said:
The BPharm degree does not allow you to practice as a medical doctor. Do MBBS if you want to be a doctor.

BMedSc graduates can pursue a field far wider than making chemicals in labs, nor are they the only people making chemicals in labs. As for what BMedSc people can do, I'm not sure.

I'm sure BPharm is offered elsewhere.
B Pharm is available at Charles Sturt, Wagga Wagga; and B Comm/B Pharm is available at Monash.

Once you finish the degree and work for 200 hours (approximately one year), you sit an exam to get your pharmacist licence. This means you're registered as a pharmacist, not a medical doctor.

HSC
Yeah i was told that too. It's to do with clinical placement in third year, so if you haven't had one of the listed vaccinations, they make you have them (prettysure).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)