• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

VERY IMPORTANT!!! New Extra-Curricular Thread! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Haha maths is like the only subject that really makes sense to me, and I would struggle to make 90 without it.

HSC 'English', now that is vomit worthy. They would take a ten page essay full of crap over a five page one with a deeper insight and slightly fewer techniques.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
withoutaface said:
Haha maths is like the only subject that really makes sense to me, and I would struggle to make 90 without it.

HSC 'English', now that is vomit worthy. They would take a ten page essay full of crap over a five page one with a deeper insight and slightly fewer techniques.
thanks Justin..i get it now. I was doing 6^6 thinking u can get 6 dots per square, but yeh I know it's only 2 now. THANKS!! And you should be proud...my bro couldnt asnwer this question :p

BUT i cant agree with "hsc english is vomit worthy". I'd do 10 units of english, if I could! People just enjoy different subjects...

And i dunno if thats true...anyone can write 10 pages of crap, but if it doesn't have substance it's not going to get a good mark. Where are u getting these ideas from? lol Markers would rather a 5 page essay which analyses the texts in terms of techniques rather than a 10 page essay which talks about the plot line of the texts. If u did the 5 page essay and got crappy marks and someone who did the 10 page essay got good marks, then I'd say u got gipped. Hence why I ALWAYS question...my teachers hate me :p

plus it's very hard to write a 10 page essay in 40 mins...you wouldnt be able to understand the writing if that was possible. I do 6-8 pages and my writing is shocking!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
thanks Justin..i get it now. I was doing 6^6 thinking u can get 6 dots per square, but yeh I know it's only 2 now. THANKS!! And you should be proud...my bro couldnt asnwer this question :p

BUT i cant agree with "hsc english is vomit worthy". I'd do 10 units of english, if I could! People just enjoy different subjects...

And i dunno if thats true...anyone can write 10 pages of crap, but if it doesn't have substance it's not going to get a good mark. Where are u getting these ideas from? lol Markers would rather a 5 page essay which analyses the texts in terms of techniques rather than a 10 page essay which talks about the plot line of the texts. If u did the 5 page essay and got crappy marks and someone who did the 10 page essay got good marks, then I'd say u got gipped. Hence why I ALWAYS question...my teachers hate me :p

plus it's very hard to write a 10 page essay in 40 mins...you wouldnt be able to understand the writing if that was possible. I do 6-8 pages and my writing is shocking!!
Markers would prefer a ten page list of techniques to a five page in depth analysis was my point.

And no matter how many times I've questioned the english department I have never succeeded in salvaging a single mark.

On a side note my black ink cartridge is fucked up and I'm gonna have to buy a new one instead of just refilling it. Printers suck.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
everybody sing this song dooo daaa doo daaa

oh and can we acknowledge that studying is boring? kthxbye :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
withoutaface said:
And no matter how many times I've questioned the english department I have never succeeded in salvaging a single mark.
And no matter how many times I've questioned the maths department I have never succeeded in salvaging a single mark. :p

"You fulfill my every desire!"

I haven't stopped singing that all day...

and yes em, studying is extremely boring. i'd much rather swing on my swings...or dance!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
And no matter how many times I've questioned the maths department I have never succeeded in salvaging a single mark. :p

"You fulfill my every desire!"

I haven't stopped singing that all day...

and yes em, studying is extremely boring. i'd much rather swing on my swings...or dance!
I managed to get 5 extra marks in my trials.:)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
they wouldn't give me ANY...and not even for my 1/2 yearlies as well. SOO SHITTED!

But alas, I came first overall, so suckers to them :p

(well I dont think its suckers to them, coz they don't particularly care, but yeh you know, it makes me feel better by saying it!)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
lol i scabbed for maths but it was legit! ad no, gaining more marks for english is unpossible...impossible...whatever :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
lol i scabbed for maths but it was legit! ad no, gaining more marks for english is unpossible...impossible...whatever :p
LOL that's a classic

and my scabness is legit too...it's just our maths teachers are HARD.

Guess what guys?? 8 DAYS TILL MY 18TH!!!!! WOHOOO! Jem's going to be legal to buy drinks and get into clubs!

*does a lil dance, makes a lil love, gets DOWN tonight!*
Who wants to join me for some lovin!?? ;)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
i was indirectly calling you a wanker by implying that your hand rarely wanders from one particular position ie. around your penis. but obviously your mind is not dirty enough to follow my subtly worded insults to their invariably sex-oriented implications, so from now on i shall just call you a nong.

*stomps out.*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Oh I understood that, I just wasn't understanding why you were calling me such a thing.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
the mention of your hand presented me with an opportunity. i generally don't need an excuse to insult people. i do love you really.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
welshi said:
nice to see that hand actually moving somewhere else for a change justin
rofl

meanwhile my neighbours are having sex again, they're moaning a little too loudly, i'm trying hard to focus on procrastinating..why do they get to have all the fun :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
welshi said:
the mention of your hand presented me with an opportunity. i generally don't need an excuse to insult people. i do love you really.
Liar, you love mack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)