Very much last minute... (1 Viewer)

teegsb

HSC
Hey guys,

If anyone is like me they'll want to look at this and anyone that helps with my question - I appreciate it so very much!

I was wondering how people study the best with: Crime, Law and Society, Human Rights, World Order and Family.

I have tried so many different ways of studying Legal and I just cannot find one way that seems to make everything stick in my mind.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it!

Good luck to all Legal students!

shona1990

HSC
:O
LAST MINUTE?!?! :O
I haven't STARTED studying for legal!
I'm doing workplace, not world order, but the best thing to do would be go over past papers, doing practice family/world order essays. Just summarise your notes, summarise again and again. Until you have single words. Read out that word to yourself and try and recall everything you need to know in regards to it.
I can't believe this is 'last minute' study for you! hehe
Good luck!

samuel slack

HSC
Lol. Haven't started study yet either. The summarisation technique that shona has mentioned, using buzz words to help you remember is good. Also, read through everything, and get people to quiz you on it, works awesomely for legal. If you can, get other people who have done legal and have discussions about stuff. I know that everything I remember from legal is because of a class discussion that we had, which stuck in my mind.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
wow...i do all those topics too. Bascially, you dont need to worry about human rights and Law & Society TOO much because its just multiple choice and a couple of short answers for those. Focus more on Family. World order is piss easy. Crime is also easy. The only thing i cant really study for crime is the sentencing process.

shona1990

HSC
Haha I find family the easiest!
I think crime is a bit harder cos you don't really know what they're going to ask.
I find family really easy to prepare for cos the questions are usually a bit more vague.
Though last year for workplace they asked you to refer to the relationship betw/ employer and employee or something.... Each year it seems to get more and more specific :(
So the essays probably won't be as easy as I was expecting! (though for english, they were heaps easier than I would have thought, so maybe it'll be the same for legal? :) ... I can hope. Hehe)

samuel slack

HSC
Lol. I've had such good exams so far, I'm still waiting for the exam where I feel like I've completely failed... Maths tommorrow is looking to be it. You can't really predict legal, but if you know it all pretty well you can make heaps up. The hardest part is having cases, legislation, documents and media articles. I've got to find all the summaries of mine so I can study them throughout the next couple of weeks.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
samuel slack said:
Lol. I've had such good exams so far, I'm still waiting for the exam where I feel like I've completely failed... Maths tommorrow is looking to be it. You can't really predict legal, but if you know it all pretty well you can make heaps up. The hardest part is having cases, legislation, documents and media articles. I've got to find all the summaries of mine so I can study them throughout the next couple of weeks.
media articles,documents? When we are writing our essays for family, do we need to actually include those? for world order u can just give examples of the countries that were in conflict but for crime and family?

samuel slack

HSC
It depends... I've seen a couple of good media articles on family... some stuff about the new changes etc. and world order is always in the media. But no, you don't have to include media articles or documents... I don't even know if it gets you more marks, but I've been taught to use them, so i will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)