Very unhealthy weight - want to gain! (1 Viewer)

Zeber

HSC
I'm pretty much a twig when it comes down to it.

170cm with 48kg.
I've grown accustmoed to leaving myself 'hungry' and refraining from eating because I'm too lazy (nah, it's not anorexia) and since it's holidays I wanted to gain some weight.

I'm thinking of just gaining weight instead of bulking up (although I've been told that building muscle = weight gain regardless) and I just want to get into th e healthy weight range. I'm currently adjusting my diet (although more tips on this would be great) by cutting down on fatty foots and focussing on protein and carbs.

I'm also drinking weight-gain shakes (110g of protein a day according to the nutritional values) and adding in some small exercises (pushups/situps and jogs).

I'm pretty much absolutely clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff, so if anyone can outline how I should approach it - it'd be great!

PS. I wanna keep off the weights for a while, so would pushups/situps/regular do it at home exercises suffice in not packing on too much fat?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
That post was entirely incoherent. If all you want to do is gain weight, then just start eating when you're hungry.

HalcyonSky

HSC
lifting heavy and eating big is the only way to gain healthy weight

btw ur only what, 15?

HSC
dude, just eat a shit load of foods that contain carbs. instead of having 3 meals a day, have 6 or 7. also, have mini snacks every now and then, and eat lots of bread.

you'll be heavier in no time, oh, and also, DON'T do cardio. just lift weights.

Pace_T

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
dude, just eat a shit load of foods that contain carbs. instead of having 3 meals a day, have 6 or 7. also, have mini snacks every now and then, and eat lots of bread.

you'll be heavier in no time, oh, and also, DON'T do cardio. just lift weights.
listen to this guy. one more thing, eat as often as you need to so that you dont let your stomach rumble. thats the simplest guideline to follow

i started at 41kg and 170cm. i put on about 20kg in less than 20 weeks.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
holy what the fuck 41kg and 170cm? holy shit.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i was like 60 when i was 170 cm :(

now im 63 and i'm 180.

i gained weight by growing 10cm
you should try it :)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
im probz close to 2m. high 180's or low 190's i think. weigh about 85-90. lifting heavy ass weights, and getting the right amount of protien (do 0.77 times ur body weight, thats how much protien u should be taking on the days u work out. take half the protien around 1 hr b4 u lift the weights, and then after).

also, eat. food is good. heavy weight, and slightly excess carbs in body, and suffiecent protien should allow you to gain weight healthily. good luck.

EDIT: u NEED rest between ur workouts. don't work out on a certian muscle group too much. leave at least..4-5 difference, the muscle needs time to heal and become bigger. you also need stacks of rest, so get some sleep..

danielbouvier

HSC
Okay son.

Breakfast - 8 weetbix with fullcream milk

Snack - protein shake

Lunch - Salmon with kidney beans, bread, salad

Snack - Protein shake

Dinner - Steak - vegetables

I put on 15kg

followed with working out

HSC
danielbouvier said:
Okay son.

Snack - protein shake

Snack - Protein shake

I put on 15kg

good man. this should do it.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
danielbouvier said:
Okay son.

Snack - protein shake

Snack - Protein shake

I put on 15kg

i eat that on a daily basis man

savio23q

Band
HSC
Drinking too much protein shakes is a waste of time. Your body gets rid of all the protein it doesn't need. So by the end of it, you'll have protein oozing out of your ears.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
savio23q said:
Drinking too much protein shakes is a waste of time. Your body gets rid of all the protein it doesn't need. So by the end of it, you'll have protein oozing out of your ears.
lol, yeah kinda. you cant have excess protien (in grams) in your body. or else, ultimately, if it is unused, it will be turned into something you dont want: fat. you need to take just enough protien. Salmon has enough protien as it is, and adding shakes is just overkill. try doing 0.77 times ur body weight. thats how much protien you should be taking on the days you work out. (in grams).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
wow, thats insane. 1.5 yrs ago i was 165cm and 70kg.
Eat lots of meat, and try exercising. Do some pushups every day. I started with 20 pushups 3 times a day, then after about 1-1.5 yrs i got up to 100 pushups (in 1 go) once a day.
More healthy way of increasing weight without getting fat.

A friend of mine also needed to gain weight, he took protein power, his doctor told him to.

TBK11

HSC
u gotta pack on Carbs and Calories Increase ur Calorie intake by an extra 500 and eat fatty foods

Rainie

HSC
Fast food everyday? And no, I don't mean eating like the guy in Super Size Me...

Russdog

russell
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
lifting heavy and eating big is the only way to gain healthy weight

btw ur only what, 15?
.. don't lift weights at 15, with that sort of body. i was the same, heaps of cunts that age are the same.

when you're naturally a healthy weight then start lifting weights. don't lift big now, it's just stupid. do situps and go jogging.

edit: weights are okay, but don't do HEAVY weights ATLEAST until the end of year 10, if not start of year 11. i started gymming at the end of year 10, it's the best time to start. wait.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)