• Vet Science

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pharmacy

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Etheral

HSC
I'm posting this on behalf of my friend, (who btw is heavily stuck between the two)

Just wondering, can anyone help him weigh up teh pros and cons between the two? As well give him a recommendation?

Greatly appreciate it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you like animals be a vet, if you like drugs be a pharmacist.

Seriously, if you're asking a bunch of randoms on the internet to choose your degree for you, you need help.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
hello the bos plz decide my future for me thank you

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Ok, if your friend doesn't know, then Vet science is not for him. The course is hard, and time consuming, and you need to really want to be there to be able to get through.

Also, it's really competitive, and other people will miss out if your friend takes a spot, and if he doesn't really want to be there, then its just a waste of everyone's time, especially his own.

He should do work experience in both fields, and see what appeals. The reality of work is a lot different to what people may perceive it to be, and he needs to be sure before enrolling in either course.

Vets work really hard, for very little pay, and he will have a very large HECS debt at the end. On the other hand, Pharmacy pays better, and the work is less physical, but if he isn't interested in drugs and their interactions / formulations etc, he will be dead bored in a Pharmacy.

Maybe he should consider something more generalist, like a Science degree, so that he can work out where his strenghts lie, and what he is really interested in.

Etheral

HSC
Thanks mambomeg for your insights. :)

As for the others, I happen to reference BOS as a place (esp in the Sydney Uni thread) as a place where I could have a greater chance of communicating with an affiliate who could advise or forward me to other prospective helpers. I dont think it's a bunch of random people at all, and if I can't get advice or help here then I tried.

No need for the gibe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)