Veterinary Science at UQ...entry interviews? (1 Viewer)

pulseczar

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm applying for entry into vet science at UQ for 2010 as a graduate. I understand from information I've gathered and from UQ Admissions department that entry into any vet science at UQ is based entirely on meeting the pre-requisites and having an OP/Rank above the cut-off for this year.

However, I've been volunteering at a vet practice recently, and the vet there claims that UQ conducts interviews into for entry into vet science. This has made me quite worried. There is no mention of interviews or such on the UQ vet science pages, so I'm wondering if this is some "secret" procedure UQ conducts, and if so, are they actually allowed to not reveal that they do this? Granted, the vet I spoke to graduated from UQ 6 years ago so his info may be dated, but I'm hoping to clear my doubts here. Anyone knows for sure? Thanks!

overfloater

HSC
hi pulseczar...
i've also applied to do vet sci at UQ for next yr. i'm pretty certain there are no interviews for entry.... admission is purley based on your op rank, as u mentioned. the only vet sci course i know of taht conducts interviews is charles sturt at wagga.... so don't stress urself out too much.... hope taht helps andgood luck with ur application

JasminB

HSC
Hey guys,

Yeah i am currently studying vet at UQ and there are no interviews =]

yheywood87

HSC
Hey guys,

Yeah i am currently studying vet at UQ and there are no interviews =]
hey,
i see you have applied for vet science at csu for next year.. i too want to do vet science, and i really want to go to syd uni but the uai is like through the roof.. so im thinking maybe now, csu... have u sat the stat test? and was it hard? i found it quite hard on the practice questions.. and also wat was ur uai? and yeah haha sorry i am asking so many questions i am just really interested... what should i do if i dont get the required uai? should i do a bach of science at syd or csu? and then change over after a yeaR? do i need to do the full 3 or 4 years of a bach of science or can i just switch after 1 year ? thanks.. :)

ashllis92

HSC
You can switch after one year and the STAT isn't too hard just read the questions really carefully coz they can be a bit curly... If you do an undergrad degree you'll need to get at least a D if not HD average so be prepared to work your arse off

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Thanks fex for your well thought-out and highly relevant comment. I'm sure it will be most helpful to many people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)