Veterinary Science (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
Does anyone do this course at Sydney. If so could you tell us what the contact hours are each week and how much time you should spend studying outside of this time?
Also has anyone gotten in with a UAI below the cut-off or when applying with EAS?
Also *again* are all of the assumed subjects really necessary? is physics and mathematics too prominent in the course or are chemistry and biology more prominent?

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Id say from 27-30 hours scheduled a week. You're timetable changes every week so its hard to say. I'd be safe saying 25+ hours a week.

Outside uni? Not enough. It depends on what you have due in or what other things you have running around in your life. IMO, you'd be lucky if you could study for 3 or more hours a night.

I got in through EAS in the second round of offers and below the cut off

I dont know why the faculty says physics as a prerequisite. I think theyre better off with bio and chem. Even then, some people who've entered did do any of them

sly_skittle

HSC
I'm a bit annoyed because I didn't realise that I qualified for EAS so I'm going to do another subject by distance education so that I can apply for EAS next year.
Thanks for the info:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)