Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship / ASPIRE (1 Viewer)

Dylanamali

HSC
Anyone else, applying for this scholarship / leadership program?

Or are there any current students who could possibly shed some light on their experiences of the ASPIRE program and how it has or has not benefited them in their university life?

Tips on the interview would also be appreciated :)

BTW: does anyone know how many recipients there are of the Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship on a yearly basis?

Dylanamali

HSC
bump!

got an official email today notifying me of my interview date.

Any current students have any tips?

Dylanamali

HSC
same, i have no clue what do too in the interview
aha, I talked to a current aspiree scholar, and they said that the interview mainly surrounds whats in your application - so nothing too out there :)

Dylanamali

HSC
what day is your interview ?
mines Tuesday at 11:45am. how about you?

also do you mind letting me know your atar and how you felt about the strength of your application.
Did you already receive the academic scholarship - 5k/yr?

In terms of ppl applying - I have no idea, this threads been open for a while and no one's responded haha.

horsefreak

HSC
friday 11:45 :) i got 91, not a great as you.
I got the most outstanding yr 11 scholarship so i thought my application was okay :)

wbu ?

Dylanamali

HSC
oh okay, 91 is still a good atar and congrats on the scholarship, 5k/yr is a decent amount of money :)

ahh, I'm preety happy with my application -> quite a lot of leadership roles within the school, e.g. sports house captain, rugby league captain, number of sports, mentoring, etc.
I also managed to gain quite a few academic awards along the way.. e.g. dux and runner up.

But in terms of, whether or not, that is good enough to get the VCLS - i doubt it, but I reckon I should have a decent chance of making the aspire program.

Dylanamali

HSC
ahh Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship (VCLS) is a scholarship worth 10k/yr..
whereas aspire leadership program is just a program set aside for students who have the potential to be ambassadors for UWS.. however this program is said to lead to possible internships, volunteer-work opportunities etc and can develop leadership skills/qualities.

Dylanamali

HSC
How'd ur interview go? :)
Hey, it went preety well I think. :)
The interview is actually 5 on 1 hahaha.
And each interviewer will ask you different questions.
It's all based on your application so there's no need to worry about a tricky question :),
but yeah definitely an emphasis on leadership qualities/community involvement.

My interview only ran for about 25 minutes so it was relatively short and quite relaxed.

All the best for yours, and please post back on how you felt you went after Friday :)

Dylanamali

HSC
What sorts of questions do they ask ? I'm so worried
haha don't be worried!
Everything they ask is completely based upon what you wrote in your application.
They basically break down your application and ask you questions from there.
But as I said there is a specific emphasis on your past leadership experiences and also your community involvement.
So anything you wrote on those two topics in your personal statements should be questioned/asked upon.

horsefreak

HSC
Heyy ! Yeah I done my interview :):) I think they liked me ???
Umm btw before it ended they asked if I wanted to ask something I said no? :S is that bad?
Are there a lot of ppl applying for this scholarship?

Dylanamali

HSC
ahha, nice job!

How'd you feel? confident? all the questions were very straight forward right?
How long did your interview last?

Uh, I dont think it's bad haha.. I just asked for more information on the roles of an aspire scholar.

I have no idea to be honest.. but if the interviews are running for 5 days, I'd expect quite a few.. assuming 10 a day = 5 hours of interviews, then maybe 40-50 applicants? that's just a complete guess.

horsefreak

HSC
My interview was like 20 minutes :) i was fairly confident XD hope it went well

Dylanamali

HSC
aha k.

I'm sure you did, let me know how it goes once you get the notification.

hopefully i'll see/meet you in the aspire program :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)