Video Drama Ideas---- please Post (1 Viewer)

Meknoid

HSC
Please post your video Drama Ideas, or even your IP Rational behind your peice.
My is on Ipods, as a type of Addictive Drug, with influesence from Pulp Fiction, Requim for a Dream and Train Spotting.
It tells the story of Stanly Freeman, and his attemped to quit his "Pod" obbsession.
Included are a Dealer of "Pod" , he takes a large hit of "BLack Pod" and is found by his parents who ween him of the drug, after sitting down with his parents, he starts to have flash backs to the joy that Pod brung to him, and digs through the garden to find his hidden "pod-Stash", he then gose back to his dealer, and bumps in to his "Inner Child" which convinces him, after a series of horrific events to stop doing the drug. MORAL Messages are WIN
:D
Please Post
-Chase Rivera

rangborb

HSC
wow meknoid what an excellent idea, im doing scriptwriting myself but i think this plot has some real potential, keep up the work

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Hey, that's a pretty cool idea!

Mine has something to do with a guy whose girlfriend disappears without a word. He thinks she's left him and get all depressed and angsty, drops out of school and ignores the world, except for his older friend Robbo. Eventually you find out that all three of them are in fact dead, killed in a car accident when Robbo, after a hard night drinking, drove them into a one-way street, nearly had a head-on with another car, swerved passed, and hit a telegraph pole instead.

...yeah, pretty simple. >_< DRINK DRIVING BAD!

Visually, its in the style of film noir (sorta not really) so that makes up for the patheticness of the rest of it ^__^

123erykb

HSC
Chase!, its eryk, give us ure MSN so i can talk to u about my video next year, i might need some help, especially with adobe.

Cheers mate, u dissapeared what happened with dave?

123erykb

HSC
Also, i dont want to have to spend a $1000 on adobe, so tell me where u downloadied premier and after effects frm.

thanks mate

clubbinghitman

HSC
Hey i am a video junkie myself. For my video drama i am did a black and white 1920s style silent film, called The Great Shoe Robbery. It is about a guy Eddie who is a shoe thef and falls in love in with an under cover cop who is trying to track him down because he stole another cops shoes. And there is a massive chase scene then he gets caught put into gaol but the girl comes back and tell him she loves him. The End. Hope BOS like it took me for freakin ever to find seven minutes worth of paino music that was appropraite for it. Cheers peeps and good luck with ur videos.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
123erykb said:
Also, i dont want to have to spend a $1000 on adobe, so tell me where u downloadied premier and after effects frm.

thanks mate
That's piracy, and if you have any ambition to make a living in the entertainment (Film/TV) industry, I'd stop it right away. Piracy takes BILLIONS out of the pockets of practising filmmakers every year. If you're that strapped, Final Cut can be bought for under $300, otherwise use iMovie, or some other cheap software which is available legally.

123erykb

HSC
Thanks for taking the moral high ground mate, because who knows what would happen without guys like you to the multi Trillion dollar software industry, let alone a poor defenceless company like adobe whose income equals that of a few third world countries. and yet their profits seem a major concern to you. look at the bigger picture its a profitless film made for the HSC by someone who unfortunatley has the skills to use adobe but does not have the resources to purchase it.

Cheers.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
123erykb said:
Thanks for taking the moral high ground mate, because who knows what would happen without guys like you to the multi Trillion dollar software industry, let alone a poor defenceless company like adobe whose income equals that of a few third world countries. and yet their profits seem a major concern to you. look at the bigger picture its a profitless film made for the HSC by someone who unfortunatley has the skills to use adobe but does not have the resources to purchase it.

Cheers.
I have stolen via Napster etc, and I understand how easy it is...I can't blame a person for doing it, because it's so easy and who wants to pay $30 for a thing u can get free. The facts are; multibillion dollar companies (adobe) aren't hurt by piracy. But take for an example; a platinum band - Deep Purple. Since they began, Deep Purple have sold 150 million albums worldwide. Wow. But how much of that money went to the band? 2% if they're lucky. I'm not asking for a 'poor them' thing, but consider that the artists are the people who generate the cash, and they get a percentage of the shop takings, so if you steal via P2P networks, you are taking hard earned money off people who are already being screwed. I can;t ask you to be sympatheitc to people who are already millionares, but put urself in their position, you'd be pissed off too right?

123erykb

HSC
Yes, but that comment is completley irrelavant, i do not agree with downloading music illegally as the bands get such a small cut, however software companies like adobe DO get all the profits and exploit workers in south east asia in the process. Therefore I have no moral qualms in "stealing" from a multi trillion dollar company. But thanks for your opinion.

tanguyen

HSC
Slavery involves whips and Adobe has to pay for the whips somehow you know...

123erykb

HSC
lol, fare enough, but lets just remember were talking about software here not shoes and the fact is im happy to download this software 'illegally" as i believe ADOBE would manage fine without my extra $1000

123erykb

HSC
Tanguyen, I saw youre film on My Space, its pretty good, Just wondering what mark you got in ure trials, see what im up against cheers.

tanguyen

HSC
Well I did my HSC this year cuz I did accelerated drama, sounds smart but there's a long and winding story to that. I haven't got my mark back yet but I'll get it at around Decemberish and I'll message you to tell you. My teacher says it's worth a high "B" range, so that's be around 22-25 out of 30 I'm guessing? But she likes to say shit like that so we work harder. I seriously don't know. If you need any more help just ask

SuGaSuGa204

HSC
Getting back to the original intent of this post! I am almost positive i will go insain by the time the due date comes! i'm a perfectionist when it comes to editing!! Anyway my theme is Vanished, as in how quickly children become know-it-all adults and lose their innocents. In other words how children "See all evil, Hear all evil, Speak all evil". Don't quite know how i'm going to pull it off but hey, it's going to be fun to analyse all the little year 7 skanks at my school and watch them try and tell me that they are all so cool because they have a camera phone or something just as menial. Tell me what you think!! :):)

SuGaSuGa204

HSC
Hey Gangles.McGee,

sorta i've put some stuff into my log book but nothing productive as yet! I'm going to try and make mine quite serious, as i believe it is a problem that year 7 children are more arrogant and disrespectful then some 18year olds i know! it's really pathetic how when i was in year 7 the seniors were like scary and u didn't want to get in their way now the year 7s want to bash you!

oh and i know what neo-noir and film-noir are! :):)

tanguyen

HSC
Make sure your ideas aren't based on teen angst cuz I heard that markers puke when they see that sort of stuff. Good luck guys!

kuytbird

HSC
Me and my mate did a film for some fun last year (year 10) and did a mockumentry on year 10 school life. We didnt do it like overexagerated like summer heights, we actually tried to be as realistic as possible, but to exaggerate some elements.
it work quite well, were sellin it for $10 a pop and my mates got about 2 hundg for it.
well prolli do one for year 12, and well poke some fun at aspect of school life. should be fun :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)