video drama ideas. (1 Viewer)

thatjayderig

HSC
hey guys,
I am doing a video for drama and i am really not sure what the markers look for, is it the characteristics of the film or the filming itself or plot or all.
I am thinking of doing something really simple, i had an idea of representing technology in ones life and show how its taking over the world in a way, but is that cleche' , another idea was to be in the eyes of a sleazy man and show his life, somewhat similar to the movie shes not that in to you. but i was also thiking of showing the womens perspectives on what they think of this. Has anyone got any ideas at all, i would gladlyappreciate it, or does anyone want to share ideas
:]
Jayde

HSC
hey guys,
I am doing a video for drama and i am really not sure what the markers look for, is it the characteristics of the film or the filming itself or plot or all.
I am thinking of doing something really simple, i had an idea of representing technology in ones life and show how its taking over the world in a way, but is that cleche' , another idea was to be in the eyes of a sleazy man and show his life, somewhat similar to the movie shes not that in to you. but i was also thiking of showing the womens perspectives on what they think of this. Has anyone got any ideas at all, i would gladlyappreciate it, or does anyone want to share ideas
:]
Jayde

hi jayde.
im doing drama too love, but im doing an ip.

iv been told that its hard to produce and edit a drama video.
ideas that are strong are things like aneroxia
depression
life changes
drugs
or imaginary friends.

you can tone in on the main character and work from there. but good luck with it
yu must be very talented with a camera.

thatjayderig

HSC
i havn't really ever done serious filming but i do photography, i just really didn't want to do a monologue just cause i wanted 2 concentrate on group. thanks i saw a really good one on depression that made it in to on screen, was done really well. Thanks for your tips, I reallllllllllllllly need to get started, im procrastinating haha. So your doing monologue, have u got that figured out?

HSC
i havn't really ever done serious filming but i do photography, i just really didn't want to do a monologue just cause i wanted 2 concentrate on group. thanks i saw a really good one on depression that made it in to on screen, was done really well. Thanks for your tips, I reallllllllllllllly need to get started, im procrastinating haha. So your doing monologue, have u got that figured out?
hahha lol. im just starting too.

yeh im doing a girl with aneroxia and the mind changes she goes through...

the monologue is called. whats the matter with mary jane. really good.

what did yu have in mind?

thatjayderig

HSC
hahha lol. im just starting too.

yeh im doing a girl with aneroxia and the mind changes she goes through...

the monologue is called. whats the matter with mary jane. really good.

what did yu have in mind?
Thats a really good idea, you could go really deep in 2 that as well, like u cud play tthat part heaps well, research anorexic ppl n what happens to them they think their fat n w.e
good luck, good name too :]
idunno, im just gunna have the school holz to think about mine start filming things as i think of them haha, im excited for group though. have u got ur group or started that yet?

HSC
Thats a really good idea, you could go really deep in 2 that as well, like u cud play tthat part heaps well, research anorexic ppl n what happens to them they think their fat n w.e
good luck, good name too :]
idunno, im just gunna have the school holz to think about mine start filming things as i think of them haha, im excited for group though. have u got ur group or started that yet?

YES im excited for group but we havnt got anything yet :(

yeah my best friend has aneroxia. so i have a big insight...
but researching always helps.

ur group started yet?

thatjayderig

HSC
YES im excited for group but we havnt got anything yet :(

yeah my best friend has aneroxia. so i have a big insight...
but researching always helps.

ur group started yet?
ah dam sorry bout that, hmm u would hav a big insight
nar we are just figuring groups out now its so bitchy haha im like i dnt care who im with, did you see on stage at all for last years yr 12?
which school do you go 2 anyways?

HSC
ah dam sorry bout that, hmm u would hav a big insight
nar we are just figuring groups out now its so bitchy haha im like i dnt care who im with, did you see on stage at all for last years yr 12?
which school do you go 2 anyways?
ahahah, yeah.
i knwo what that bitching is like.
thats y im in a group with two boys and only one girl... shes the best though wen were all together we tune into so deeply that it feels like were the only people in the room.
and we dont care bout the other girl group who think their better...
well georgia... LOVE YOU ALEX ND JESS

Kiim2507

HSC
Hey I did a video last year
Check out the marking guidelines for the video..I can't really remember but you get marked on stuff like originality, tone, pace, post production (music, titles etc) I think lol

You still have a while but you should have a solid idea by now...don't do anything too cliche because they're looking for original ideas.

It took me a while to think of an idea...but it gradually formed and it all came together nicely (well I think so anyway :p). Use anything for inspiration...books, magazines, songs, websites
The basis of my idea formed when my mum asked me what I was doing and I hadn't decided yet so I quickly looked around my room and lied saying I was doing it about the life of a shoe.

EDIT: I just looked at the syllabus and it's all there

For the Individual Project: Video Drama, a mark out of 10 is awarded for each of the
three criteria, giving a total mark out of 30.

Criterion 1: Directorial concept/vision
• Originality, clarity and integrity of the directorial vision.
• Effectiveness of narrative construction and screen writing.
• Ability to convey the narrative using appropriate video language.

Criterion 2: Production
• Skill in framing of the action using camera angles, focus, shot length, shot size,
movement, light, perspective and/or special effects to create dramatic meaning.
• Skill in directing the dramatic action for the screen.
• Selection of appropriate production elements such as location, lighting, costume,
casting.

Criterion 3: Post-production
• Skill in editing for dramatic meaning with particular reference to tension, pace and
mood.
• Use of appropriate sound and music to enhance dramatic meaning.
• Skill in placing titles and other relevant post-production effects.
Page 44
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/drama_syl.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)