• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Video Drama! (1 Viewer)

Lizzybear18

HSC
Hey guys,

I am doing the HSC this year and I'm doing a video for my drama IP. My teacher doesn't know anything about video's and I'm finding it hard to get it done. I'm doing a sort of dark comedy.

Can anyone tell me if they are finding it hard to find time and the motivation to do their movie. I was really excited about it but because my teacher knows nothing about videos and can't give me any help it's hard to keep going and just get it finished. I am also finding it hard to find the time to just get the last of my scenes filmed because of all the assessment tasks we have. I just want someone to tell me I'm not the only one out there finding it hard.

Oh and can anyone tell me if the credits are included in the time limit or can they go over the 7 minutes?

goosiegoo

HSC
I'm pretty sure the credit's are included in the 7 minutes... they are for Art Video atleast...

I'm not doing video drama but i know some people who are, and i think your problem is common throughout all major works. You really just need to film those last scenes, possibly wait till assessments are over and then really get into it so the rest is just up to editing.
As for the people acting in them, i'm acting in 2 of my friends videos, and i've asked my friends to book times in for me to do their film, because i'm so busy right now that i can't film unless everything is well planned out, and i would suggest doing that if you haven't already. Book a time with your actors in advance and just work really hard to get it done.

Good luck!

Lizzybear18

HSC
Thanks, at least some people out there seem to know whats going on. My teacher is no help. But thanks again.

Lizzybear18

HSC
Cool thanks!

Do you guys also get a progress mark for your IP's. Our teacher has set it as an assessment task and it's due in 1 week. She said it has to be finished but they aren't due to be marked until August. argh! school!

tanguyen

HSC
We had something similar and we got more marks if our work is close to the finish product. Considering there's only two more months before things get sent, you should be ideally at least halfway through editing now if everything went to plan. However, I only began editing around this time last year so yeah...

opulent clown

HSC
sorry, i know its late.
but im in a good mood.
my teacher helped as much as she could despite her lack of knowledge in video.
what she did give me was like 8yrs worth of tropfest, the annual short film festival.
that was really sweet of her.
so i found some good techniques n stuff and had some great laughs (the money and wilfred hahaha)
but yes i went through with hsc video drama becuase it uses creativity.
i had no motivation and i procrastinated doing it. i left it until a month left then i began to crack down.
but yeah would take a second look back and change anything i loved it and i love my two good friends for sparing their time toward my wellbeing lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)