Video Editing Programs (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
This should probably be in another forum but...

i was just wondering what editing programs all you little video drama-ians were using? because i need to get one and im not sure which one is the best....

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
i did video last year and used adobe premiere.

it was a good program, easy to use, pretty straight forward. had all of the features i required

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
awesome thanks, someone told me to jus use windows movie maker... but im a bit hesitant...

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
DO NOT use Windows Movie Maker! I didn't do video drama, but have had expereince with Windows Movie Maker and it is Very elementry in its capabilities. If you were to use something built into a system, I'd go with iMovie, but then you would have to buy a Mac... Adobe Premiere probably is your best option but alot of adobe software is V. Pricey. Try asking anyone you know in the 'video' business, even if it is just a wedding video maker... They've created thousands of videos using their software and probably have a good idea of what works and what doesnt.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
wow... thanks :) well my bf has an editing program (i dont know why, as he doesnt even own camera) so maybe ill jus check wat that one is and see if theres any way of finding adobe premiere... thanks again

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Premiere all the way. Its pricey but you won't regret it :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Premiere comes highly recommended if you can get your hands on it, it will take a while to get used to it, but play around its a lot of fun :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
so premiere is fairly easy to use then? cause i obviously need to experiment a little bit before i start editing...

Sar_28

HSC
help

need some ideas for my individual.thinking performance but having trouble choosing a script.any help is great.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl no idea :S

Yeah to start off premiere is quite easy, a word of warning, it is a usage hog, so its best to use a specific computer for the job rather than multitasking :)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I've been trying to work with Windows Movie Maker, but it really is a heap of shit. I don't think my computer will be able to handle Premier though, as it struggles with Movie Maker. Is there a downloadable trial for Premier available?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
the easiest one to learn on hands down is Imovie but the editing features kinda suck...
it might take you ages to learn how to use but once you do "final cut pro" is the best... took me a year!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Taxman: I actually think I saw one on the adobe website...

www.adobe.com

Try a search for products, etc. Windows Movie Maker is really basic and well, trash. It was microsofts way of combating MAC and iMovie, hmm.. I guess they should've worked a bit harder on it.

EDIT: http://www.pacific.adobe.com/education/ed_products/premiere.html

Look down the side, theres a d/l-able trial.

Last edited:

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Thanks for that Will. By far the best mod on any forum across the BoS...we should have awards or something...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
TurboTom said:
the easiest one to learn on hands down is Imovie but the editing features kinda suck...
it might take you ages to learn how to use but once you do "final cut pro" is the best... took me a year!
unfortunately.. i dont have a year to learn :( i only really decided to do video at the start of the holidays.. ive never made one before.. i hope i go ok *worries*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I-Movie 2, Final Cut Pro 2, Cinematic Movie Wave, Ulead Studio Pro 5.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
thanks for all your help guys, ive managed to get my hands on a copy of adobe premiere from a guy who makes movies for a living. Thanks again for all your suggestions and help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)