• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Video Ezy (1 Viewer)

Slimeboy

HSC
Has anybody worked in Video Ezy or any sort of video store?

What did you do? What was it like? How much did you get paid? Etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i herad someone here say there were probs when the people came an ddidn't want to pay their fines.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i could never work in a video store, i'm terrible with them, as far as blockbuster are concerned...i died

is a roflcopter
HSC
had an inteview with civic
it was on the day after my formal so yeah.........
they never called back :D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
im planning to apply.....
my friend used to work there, she got about $11.50?
she loved it hehe, all you do is stack videos and work the cash register... and you get to borrow stuff for free, etc.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
I applied to a Video Ezy ages ago, they never called back....bastards.
Originally posted by Newbie
had an inteview with civic
they never called back :D
can't they have some sort of manners

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i was rejected by blockbuster because they wanted someone to do night shifts by themselves and i am female.
do you think that's fair?

nightshifts by oneself shoudn't be done, even for males.

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
I applied for Video Ezy like last year...still no word...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I applied at a Video Store and l didn't hear a word. I got a job at woolworths and l quit after 1 and 1/2 months - guess working isn't for me yet.

My best friend worked at one for about a year l think and she quit because she had enough of the way they were treating her and all of the problems with the customers.

My other best friend works for a different store and l'm guesing its OK because l haven't heard from her since.

With my best friends job (who was there for about a year) she could borrow vids and games only if they aren't new release. She could hire for free 1-5 vids or games.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
my brother got a job at Civic. i think it's because he has a friend working there! Lucky bastard. all he does is watching videos, putting videos away, cashing up etc. and he got the goodies (popcorns etc) at staff price and weekly videos for free! and half price for new release. sometimes, he gets pre-released video store version of movies and watches them at home!

HSC
if you are going to work at a video store for an extended period of time, make sure you join a decent union.

MoNNiE

HSC
i would rather work at video ezy then blockbuster! too true.. i dunno about civic..

LEESH

lol well ive worked at Video Ezy for 3 years and its a pretty goood job! im 18 and get paid $11.80 an hour and around $17 on sundays. And double time and a half public holidays...
Its a fun job.. worst part is angry customers... at our store staff can rent movies for free but Yes, we too have to pay late fees.
If your a junior the jobs easy.. but when ur older u have to close by yourself at midnight. Do reports, deal with debt collection and that kinda stuff!! its a great job while your doing study.

Last edited:

m@ds

I have worked at Video Ezy for almost 4 years. The people that I work with are awesome and that's why I love it. My pay isn't THAT good (10.40) but its something. I cannot stand a lot of the customers- they are rude, obnoxious and can be plain mean about late fees, having outstanding videos, us not having the movie they want, etc.

I worked about 4 shifts a week, and my store open til midnight. We close with one other person but we open on our own. Video Ezy's are supposed to open every day of the year, so yup, you work on Xmas Day.

It's not as simple as stacking shelves and the cash register either. There is heaps of OHS training and stuff you have to do with robbery training because the hold-up rate for video stores is quite high. Stock processing and management can be painful particularly when your video store uses generic slicks (ie. photocopies behind display copies), and dealing with damaged DVDs is constantly a problem (because SO many people think they are indestructable and they come back scratched to the shithouse)

We can rent weeklies for free but not overnights. We get previews though which is cool. And yup, we pay late fees. It's def. not as cruisey as people think it is. I think I have may have had like 2 shifts in the last 4 years where I watched a movie while I worked.

Good luck!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i have a friend who has worked at VE for about...i dunno, i guess 2 years or so now
anyway, she gets 30 free rentals a month (any rental-overnight, weekly, whatever) and the latest she has to work is til they close at 9
she also has to work the occasional public holiday, but not xmas day coz the local store closes then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)