Video Major for 2009!!!! Deep Breaths (1 Viewer)

OscarMore? Phew

HSC
Hey guys im doing video for my major for drama and i thought it'd be good to start a thead so that we have other people to talk about our problems (film related only people lol) and also the joys for making a film. Has anyone made a short film before? Do you have any cracking ideas?

Hopefully I get some film friends to talk to

jebbadiah

HSC
Hey there!

Good on you for picking Video Drama as your Major Work. I'm currently just finishing my HSC, and I also picked Video Drama. It feels so good to get it done! My only advice would be to pick a visually appealing concept. Rely on visuals more then dialogue because the more visually striking your piece is the more marks for you.

I did a noir retelling of 'Little Red Riding Hood' for my Major. I pretty much started working on it about this time last year (Only because I love making movies and I also had 2 other Majors to work on) So make sure you don't leave it to the last minute. (Well to be honest, I can't talk - I only finished editing it the day before it was due.

Anyway, tell me what you think

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4hsDNANQs

I'd love to hear from you when your ideas start rolling.

jebbadiah

HSC
I have no idea. I don't think you ever find out what marks you get. Only a combined mark of your internal and external assessment - Pretty disappointing really.

Thanks for watchin'

dsfproductionz

HSC
hey anyone on here got any advice for making a video for the art major? like with all limitations in content and marking and stuff, thanx =]

OscarMore? Phew

HSC
Chose something simple and grow meaning in that. Its better to do something simple and do it really well than think up some really complicated big scale thing and make a shit mess of it.
Make sure that you at most 2 people in the film, do not have too many people cause I have about 10 people with speaking parts in my drama and It came off really well but was the biggest biatch to organise and a lot of the time not everyone could come where as I really needed EVERYONE.
Make a story about something you know, always do what you know and you be a lot better off then doing something about something far off and pretty alien to you.
Story does not need to be elaborate or really deep, although those things are good, the BOS does not care about story and its all about how you've made your piece so lots of good and different and unusual camera angles, film techniques, lots of stuff like that.
Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)