• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Views of History (1 Viewer)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
omg!! u guys are seriously "into" ext!! my teacher just prints out notes on sutff and photocopies from places and hands it to us.. we hardly have like around 100 sheets!! and whats this book u guys are talking abt?? the board of studies book?? also whats with teh school of histiography??

yes, i do have my half yearlys for ext.. on tuesday in the week after. and i am so lost!! have no clue at all!!

please help!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Emma8701
Sarah168 we have 2 do the same thing next week...did u have 2 refer your answer 2 three historians? if so which three did u use?
yep. three historians. i used bede, marx and von ranke. i should have used manning clarke as well but i didnt know much on him and i chose the three that i could talk about the best. guess it paid off :D

Jos

I have never heard of this book you guys have...UNFAIR! I have loads of note on annales and post- modernism. I can't work out where they come from but I will ask my teacher when I go back to school and hopefully I can help...just don't let me forget.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Jos
I have never heard of this book you guys have...UNFAIR! I have loads of note on annales and post- modernism. I can't work out where they come from but I will ask my teacher when I go back to school and hopefully I can help...just don't let me forget.
the warren book? I thought everyone was issued a copy of it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
they are not actually issued...but your school SHOULD have copies cos its a pretty essential book

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
i cant find it newhere... i looked up in the local library.. its not there!! the exams on tuesday!! i m dying!! help!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u dont absolutely need the book and in ur situation i wouldnt waste time looking for it. just use what u have got and write soem practice esays

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
but what do i study for.. like we've got sheets and sheets abt these different historians...
so i annalysed them but now i just donno what to do...
can ne1 help me in ne ways??
wud ne1 know where i cud get answers to past hsc exams on ext history??

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
hey.. what schools have issued the warren books to their students?? i did find it.... but it doesnt talk abt ne modern historians.. and hey.. cud ne1 tell me what the 5th chapter is abt?? its something defining history.. i read it but haves no sence to me!!
and also, whats the board of studies booklet about?? what does it say?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The Warren book is a bit shitty. It goes into detail one one or two historians from classical times to about the 18th century. Once you get to anything in the 20th century it turns into a total mess.

The BOS book is the 'Source Book of Readings'. It's 170 pages long and is a collection of sources you must refer to in your answering of the first and second questions in the HSC paper.

Plebeian

Chapter 5 is mainly about postmodernism vs. modernism (empiricism & relativism). I think the 'defining history' bit is defining whether history can exist at all as the true investigation of past events, or whether all the postmodernist views are right and history can't really succeed.

I suggest you have a look at the summary diagrams in that chapter to get an overall view of what Warren is talking about before you read the whole thing since the layout of the chapter doesn't help understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)