• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Vinnies Employment into Retail oppurtunities (1 Viewer)

moviemoghul

HSC
N/A
Hi guys n gals !!

Just got into working with Vinnies.
I reckon i'll be getting dirty :spin: with stacking donated clothes for the intitial days.

If someone has worked for Vinnies, can you guys tell me, how many days it took for you to start working on the cash register ? I really want to learn it

And if I have retail experience in Vinnies, does it get noticed in other retail stores? or is it not valued too much:chainsaw: . After all, its the same stuff going on ..serving customers / cash register etc

Also, how long should I be working with them, to even be able to ask them for a reference ?

Kiim2507

HSC
You could probably just ask them to show you how to use the register and I'm sure they will
It's pretty chilled...like they don't mind if you take breaks and they have free drinks (at least they did at the one I went to)
And yeah I'm pretty sure it gets noticed, after all you're dealing with customer and money...just write that on your resume and you'll be sweet

moviemoghul

HSC
N/A
Oh thanx for the reply !!

Would it be ok if I work for 3-4 weeks in a Volunteer organisation and then ask for a reference from the manager.....I am really falling short of refereces in my resume ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)