Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenGlass

HSC
Of course all this violence and bloodshed is wrong! BUT instead of generalising and hating on ALL muslims, why not consider this:
- Remember that church dude in the US burning Korans? WHAT IF it had been a muslim man burning bibles?(I can safely say there'd be a violent reaction). How about Anders Breivik (who was a christian)? We don't go around saying Christians are all mass murderers, now do we? No, we realise he was an evil MAN, not an evil CHRISTIAN. Yet, we don't give the same respect to muslim people do we, we just go ahead and say they're all violent ******s. Why does the media choose to ignore or forget these things, but constantly remind us of how 'evil' muslims are?
- What if an anti-christian film calling Jesus a murderer and rapist was made? There would definitely be an outburst, across a wide span of countries.

So of course this film isn't a justification for needless violence, BUT instead of being stubborn and deciding to go for the easy option, which is just hating on all muslims, calling them evil or telling them to go die, try and think for yourself and not GENERALISE. The people in these riots, regardless of religion, are idiots. THEY are violent people, not ALL muslims. But because of the media, we all decide to shift our disapproval to an ENTIRE religion, and hate on many INNOCENT people. So yes, what they're doing is wrong, but it is just a clear example of being arrogant and bigoted to call an ENTIRE religion of people barbarians or evil.

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
^lol i cant tell if your serious.

you just talked about how its wrong to make generalisations, but made about 5 of them in your posts about cristians.

HSC
N/A
Of course all this violence and bloodshed is wrong! BUT instead of generalising and hating on ALL muslims, why not consider this:
- Remember that church dude in the US burning Korans? WHAT IF it had been a muslim man burning bibles?(I can safely say there'd be a violent reaction). How about Anders Breivik (who was a christian)? We don't go around saying Christians are all mass murderers, now do we? No, we realise he was an evil MAN, not an evil CHRISTIAN. Yet, we don't give the same respect to muslim people do we, we just go ahead and say they're all violent ******s. Why does the media choose to ignore or forget these things, but constantly remind us of how 'evil' muslims are?
- What if an anti-christian film calling Jesus a murderer and rapist was made? There would definitely be an outburst, across a wide span of countries.

So of course this film isn't a justification for needless violence, BUT instead of being stubborn and deciding to go for the easy option, which is just hating on all muslims, calling them evil or telling them to go die, try and think for yourself and not GENERALISE. The people in these riots, regardless of religion, are idiots. THEY are violent people, not ALL muslims. But because of the media, we all decide to shift our disapproval to an ENTIRE religion, and hate on many INNOCENT people. So yes, what they're doing is wrong, but it is just a clear example of being arrogant and bigoted to call an ENTIRE religion of people barbarians or evil.
how about this: people of any religion have the capacity to be terrible.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad

Go home BrokenGlass you're drunk.

BrokenGlass

HSC
^lol i cant tell if your serious.

you just talked about how its wrong to make generalisations, but made about 5 of them in your posts about cristians.
And what generalisations did I make about Christians? I did not attack Christians, or people of any religion, at all.
I simply said that people of any religion would have a reaction, using Christianity as a prime example, seeing as they are the largest religion out there.

Debauchee

HSC
- Remember that church dude in the US burning Korans? WHAT IF it had been a muslim man burning bibles?
(I can safely say there'd be a violent reaction).
The man who burnt the Koran was absolutely lambasted in the western media. And of course there fucking wouldn't have been a violent response to a burnt bible.

Christians get their religions shat upon on a daily basis and are capable of controlling their emotions.

How about Anders Breivik (who was a christian)? We don't go around saying Christians are all mass murderers, now do we? No, we realise he was an evil MAN, not an evil CHRISTIAN.

Breivik's attack was motivated by anti-multiculturalism. It had nothing to do with his religion. Muslim attacks though are ALL ABOUT religion.

Yet, we don't give the same respect to muslim people do we, we just go ahead and say they're all violent ******s. Why does the media choose to ignore or forget these things, but constantly remind us of how 'evil' muslims are?
The idea of a minority of extremists is propaganda.

Go on youtube. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of videos mocking Christianity. There have been best-selling books that claim Jesus was essentially dating a whore. Christians don't get violent the way muslims do.

Oh, and muhammad was a mass-murderer.

So of course this film isn't a justification for needless violence,
man it is revolting how you're more upset over "generalisations" than you are over, you know, actual VIOLENCE

Debauchee

HSC
how about this: people of any religion have the capacity to be terrible.
That's not a meaningful thing to say at all.

The fact is that people of a certain religion actually ARE in the real world far more terrible than any other. Do you really think that Buddhists would ever hold world-wide riots because their religion got mocked? Of course not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
And what generalisations did I make about Christians? I did not attack Christians, or people of any religion, at all.
I simply said that people of any religion would have a reaction, using Christianity as a prime example, seeing as they are the largest religion out there.
I can't think of any mainstream religion (excluding Islam) whose adherents would go on a murderous rampage spanning continents over a YouTube video. People would just shake their heads and carry on with their lives.

You're embarrassing yourself and your faith by trying to justify their actions.

BrokenGlass

HSC
Oh, and muhammad was a mass-murderer.

man it is revolting how you're more upset over "generalisations" than you are over, you know, actual VIOLENCE
How politically correct you seem to be. And I did very clearly express my dislike of violence - first line. It is revolting how you seem more focused on slandering muslims than on 'actual VIOLENCE'.

You're embarrassing yourself and your faith by trying to justify their actions.
Geez,
1. I did not anywhere say I am muslim, and I am not.
2. Where did I try to justify their actions? I only condemned their actions! Stop twisting my words, in your attempt to slander an entire religion.

That's not a meaningful thing to say at all. fuck you are stupid.

The fact is that people of a certain religion actually ARE in the real world far more terrible than any other.
Keyword: Capacity.
There you go again, insulting the entire religion and its people.

HSC
N/A
That's not a meaningful thing to say at all.

The fact is that people of a certain religion actually ARE in the real world far more terrible than any other. Do you really think that Buddhists would ever hold world-wide riots because their religion got mocked? Of course not.
you're so rude. There is no need to insult anyone, but since you've started, I see no reason for me to hold back. I said CAPACITY. Are you illiterate? Go back to school.

Nothing prevents anyone of any religion from acting like an idiot. Buddhists can hold world-wide riots if their religion is mocked. It's just that they as a collective may see it unwise. They have the capacity to do so though. So before you start saying one religion is more peaceful, shut up. Ignorant piece of shit.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Of course all this violence and bloodshed is wrong! BUT instead of generalising and hating on ALL muslims
People weren't talking about all muslims, they were talking about the muslims at the riot yesterday.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
How politically correct you seem to be.
It is time political correctness was thrown out the window. Australia (as well as many European countries) have some tough problems they must address. I wouldn't say these are new problems, I would simply say that people are becoming less afraid to voice their concerns now.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

Wow, you're stupid. Breivik was a Christian that attacked other Christians on the basis of anti-immigration extremism. Please point out to me where that makes it a religiously-incited act of violence.

You generalised that if a crime is committed by a Christian it is a religious crime, instead of being, oh I don't know, just a plain-old run-of-the-mill crime.

Agree with what Zombie Apocalypse said.
Yes, wishy-washy statements are always so poignant and cutting.

How politically correct you seem to be. And I did very clearly express my dislike of violence - first line. It is revolting how you seem more focused on slandering muslims than on 'actual VIOLENCE'.
Pretty sure Debs is slandering Islambs because of the actual violence.

Geez,
1. I did not anywhere say I am muslim, and I am not.
2. Where did I try to justify their actions? I only condemned their actions! Stop twisting my words, in your attempt to slander an entire religion.
We're not attempting to. We are slandering them. Because they are getting violent just because some idiot with a video camera in a country that is not Australia insulted their religion. Any religion that calls for a beheading just because you are insulted is objectively and unequivocally barbaric. Hence they are barbarians.

Keyword: Capacity.
There you go again, insulting the entire religion and its people.
So? I can insult them all I like. Welcome to democracy. What are they going to do? Behead me? Stone me to death? Get their goats to pack rape me?

As a side note of the collective idiocy which pervades the Islamb community, I saw a news article last night about a young Muslim girl who spent time on Nauru when it was open a few years ago and compared it to a prison, blaming the government, even though the reporter pointed out that because she was an unmarried Muslim girl she was forced to spend most of her time locked inside, by her own cultural and social mores.

Last edited:

Debauchee

HSC
Nothing prevents anyone of any religion from acting like an idiot. Buddhists can hold world-wide riots if their religion is mocked. It's just that they as a collective may see it unwise. They have the capacity to do so though. So before you start saying one religion is more peaceful, shut up. Ignorant piece of shit.
WOW. You really don't get it, do you?

What does it matter that people have a "capacity" to do things? We all have the "capacity" to murder people, so why treat actual murderers differently to anyone else, right?

The point is, Muslims are committing the violence and so deserve scorn. The fact that non-muslims have the capacity to act violently but don't means they should be commended as cultually superior to the muslims. And the fact that muslims resort to violence and are unable to contain their emotions means they should be condemned.

HSC
N/A
WOW. You really don't get it, do you?

What does it matter that people have a "capacity" to do things? We all have the "capacity" to murder people, so why treat actual murderers differently to anyone else, right?

The point is, Muslims are committing the violence and so deserve scorn. The fact that non-muslims have the capacity to act violently but don't means they should be commended as cultually superior to the muslims. And the fact that muslims resort to violence and are unable to contain their emotions means they should be condemned.
Wrong. It is not islam that commits violence, it is people. That's what i'm trying to say. Islam as a whole should not be condemned because a minority act like idiots. The people who commit the violence should be condemned, it has nothing to do with religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)