Virginity...Whats so special about keeping it? (1 Viewer)

LivingLife

HSC
^this.
Like I know that the older generation would believe in 'sex after marriage'
But in the 21st century, do people still have that mindset?

tsdylan

HSC
#supercorny but the first time should be with someone important? And not a random hookup?

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Yeah people do have that mindset, but they're usually religious in some way. But of course, some people just save it for marriage by their own moral principle.

Personally, I view sex more in a "making love" kind of way because I think it's the most intimate experience you can have with anyone, and so I think it should be shared with that someone special (yeah, I'm cute like that #bracedforimpact).

I've never seen any reason to rush losing your virginity, and I personally don't think there's a logical reason to either. I'm open to discussion about that though, but let me pre-face it by saying I don't accept 'social status' as a logical reason. Show some maturity about it, please.

Edit: But I do understand that people just don't see it as that important/special, which is fine too.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Lost mine in France to a guy who couldn't pronounce my name. Never got the big deal about losing it myself, I don't see why the first time should be some amazingly special holy experience that every following time isn't. I wouldn't personally be into sleeping around a great deal either, and wouldn't just have sex with someone I wasn't in a relationship with or didn't know. I don't really see a need for 'waiting until marriage' I don't think it has any bearing on whether or not someone would be a good husband/wife, but then again I'm not Christian.

enoilgam

HSC
I don't really see a need for 'waiting until marriage' I don't think it has any bearing on whether or not someone would be a good husband/wife, but then again I'm not Christian.
Not all Christians are against sex before marriage.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Virginity has come from religious morals. A way to oppress women, to satisfy men and their feelings of possession after marriage.

Modern mindsets shouldn't think anything of it.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
well men aren't romantically attracted to promiscuous women because, from an evolutionary perspective, said women more likely to get pregnant by another man, and if a man wasn't sure about paternity then he was risking the devotion of his time and resources to raising a child that wasn't his. Therefore it benefited him to value women who weren't promiscuous.

Obviously, this isn't a conscious thing among people who oppose sex before marriage, it's just the psychological root of these feelings. Now, you can say that its dumb then because contraception means this isn't an issue any more and that we shouldn't base our values off of these old psychological 'instincts'

but love is basically the same thing. we feel romantic love because it would lead to a greater chance of successfully raising one's offspring. would you similarly claim that people who don't plan on having children (or at least not for a very long time) ought to dismiss such antiquated notions like love too?

NFmusic1995

HSC
just had sex with my girlfriend last night

while we were doing it, we were saying how amazing and special it was because as well as feeling really good, that feeling and bond, like connection feels stuff, its really good.

TLDR

HSC
just had sex with my girlfriend last night

while we were doing it, we were saying how amazing and special it was because as well as feeling really good, that feeling and bond, like connection feels stuff, its really good.
O H H H. G R A T Z M A N ;) first time ever? Or just with that chick?

My first time was so so so unspecial ahaha.

>have gf
>we break up
>start talking to her friend about a year later
>tells me she is a virgin
>lie and pretend i'm not
>Igotthis.jpg
>one night she invites me over
>her parents are home so her and her friend sneak me in
>I get drunk off vodka, she tells me she mixes hers with hot water so it doesn't taste so bad
>not realizing she's pouring hers out and they are getting me drunk
>things progress
>tell her friend to get out of the bed and sleep on the floor
>get it in
>she tells me to stop after like 30 seconds cause it hurt too much
>bitchwat
>agree, as it was her first time and that shit hurts for girls.
>stop and go to mcdonalds and walk home.

fast forward one week

>she sleeps with my friend
>tells him she's actually fucked 17 guys

Explains why she was so easy I guess. She told her friend I was too big and her friend told some guy at my school who spread it around the whole school, and the rumours got exaggerated and now my school reckons I have a 14" dick. Meh, I'll roll with it. But yeah, that experience kinda sucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)