• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Virginity (1 Viewer)

hsc=suicide

HSC
it would seem this is a popular topic atm. however i have not so far seen anyone define it. is it purely a conceptual thing? or do you perhaps lay it all down to a physical act? or is it a combination of the two? have i missed a possibility?

discuss.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
What other meanings are there besides the physical?!?

WHUT??

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
In a Christian sense, yeah. But otherwise people who will percieve it as purely physical.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well if we are talking about the sexual form of virginity then yeah its fairly straight forward.

People in physics who havent heard about M theory are called virgins until they are filled in about it, stuff like that... i guess virginity could be considered a state of mind or naievity in that case.

As for the physical, are we going to say its just simply penis into vagina? what about rape victims? i would like to think that they could still be considered virgins.

For males is it purely a mental thing? because theres no real change besides maybe a different outlook on life.
For females are we only talking about the hymen here?btw i dont beleive in it, but for the sake of arguement] so if the penis only goes in a teeny amount shes still a virgin?
what about lesbians? they are very much not virgins even if they have never had a penis in them

it can be a complex issue but i prefer to take the simple road and say penis into vagina = sex therefore not virgin.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Virgininty = abstinence from sex.

Whether masturbation happens to be included is your own opinion.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Consentual and not paid for penis in vagina (or ass if you're into that sort of thing).

For lesbians, I dunno. I guess penetration of some sort is necessary though.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Tulipa said:
Somebody explain to me coherently and without using religion as to HOW virginity could possibly be something spiritual.
Its purely spiritual. In the sense that its purely Religious.

Last edited:

hsc=suicide

HSC
S1M0 said:
Its purely spiritual.
i hate 'love and relationships' as my threads always get highjacked by fucking christians. i was just asking this question because, what is sex? i have many sexual encounters between the age of 14-17 but i wouldnt classify myself as having lost my virginity until i was 17, in the physical sense. however i lost in the conceptual sense of loosing any and all ignorance by the age of 14. and S1M0 sftu about chistianity and abstinence.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
hsc=suicide said:
i hate 'love and relationships' as my threads always get highjacked by fucking christians. i was just asking this question because, what is sex? i have many sexual encounters between the age of 14-17 but i wouldnt classify myself as having lost my virginity until i was 17, in the physical sense. however i lost in the conceptual sense of loosing any and all ignorance by the age of 14. and S1M0 sftu about chistianity and abstinence.
Someone asked a question, i answered. Whats your problem?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh as in this is a massive technical question like

"he put his penis in me but he didn't thrust/cum/i didn't orgasm am i still a virgin?"

Is that right?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Tulipa said:
Somebody explain to me coherently and without using religion as to HOW virginity could possibly be something spiritual.
It's not, its stupid. Those people obviously just don't get any.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
LOL
how can one lose his/her virginity through masturbation (this and only this)?
HHAHAHA
serious...does anyone really count that?

(sorry)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
what about rape victims? i would like to think that they could still be considered virgins.
Yea because we all know if they weren't virgins that'd devalue them, right? I'm sure the majority of people that have lived through rape are probably strong enough to see past such archaic notions.

stephenchow

HSC
tlodg said:
LOL
how can one lose his/her virginity through masturbation (this and only this)?
HHAHAHA
serious...does anyone really count that?

(sorry)
Probably someone who would think of that would consider that.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea because we all know if they weren't virgins that'd devalue them, right? I'm sure the majority of people that have lived through rape are probably strong enough to see past such archaic notions.
Hopefully they would, atleast the way people value virginity in that some idiots think its some sort of badge of honour or something.
I would like to throw them that bone and say that their 'first time' wasnt a brutal assult but perhaps something special with someone they cared about, not to say that rape victims are suddenly devalued, but that the token value, or when looking back, the novelty of your first time can be attributed to a situation that you choose.

Personally i would like to throw away the term virgin, or atleast twist it into a more demeaning word with conotations of being too ugly/ innocent to get sex rather than some of the crap christian fundamentalists go on about.

Virgin is a pretty personal word i think, and can be whatever you think it is, like cheating. I think cheating is doing something 'romantic' with someone else that you dont want your significant other to find out... you are also a cheater if you are the person the housewife is cheating with[unless you dont know they are taken]... not many people agree with me on that but its something to throw out there.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Serius said:
Hopefully they would, atleast the way people value virginity in that some idiots think its some sort of badge of honour or something.
I would like to throw them that bone and say that their 'first time' wasnt a brutal assult but perhaps something special with someone they cared about, not to say that rape victims are suddenly devalued, but that the token value, or when looking back, the novelty of your first time can be attributed to a situation that you choose.
Throw them that bone? God you're an idiot. Ignoring it is the worst thing you can do. You need to deal with it first before pretending it didn't happen. You really know nothing about it so please stop commenting on it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Virginity is the state of whether you have had sex or not, whether it was rape, homosexual etc.

This whole rape victim thing - they've experienced it but it was a highly traumatic one. You could say they've never had consensual sex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)