Virtual NRL (1 Viewer)

HSC
Who is up for doing a BOS Virtual NRL league. If you havn't heard-
http://virtualnrl.creatop.com.au/

It isn't open yet, but seeing as the season starts soon, it should be within the month. I will be making a league, and I will have to invite people into it. The optimum size for the league is 8, but can be up to 14 (I think). As unlike Fantasy Premier League it's one player per team.

PM me if your interested.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah im up 4 it too, even if i havent got a clue wtf it is like, ill figure it out in due time

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
We had this last year but we didnt have enough people. Anyway count me in, and keep us updated in this thread.

T

timbk2

yea i played last year.. its heaps mad. still waiting for it to start up again this year too. but definately will make a BOS comp.

T

timbk2

anyone have any idea when the virtual comp is going back up this year? or if it is?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they are having problems with finance and legal issues with nrl.com about the stats.

T

timbk2

We regret to announce that Virtual NRL will not be proceeding for the 2005 season.

Despite the wonderful generosity of dozens of VNRL enthusiasts volunteering their time and effort to help maintain and run the game, there was insufficient corporate backing to enable us to sustain the costs of statistics, hosting, software development and technical support.

We know how much this game means to league fans. It has become part of the rugby league landscape. The game's stalwart Chris Cox, who put so much of his time, blood, sweat and tears into it is particularly disappointed.

However take heart, with the appropriate sponsorship, it will be back.

We will be chasing corporate support, once secured we will come back bigger, better and ready to satisfy your desire for Virtual Rugby League supremacy!

To everyone who has supported our game - whether it be through financial backing, publicity, or, most importantly, participation - we can not thank you enough, and we thank you in advance for your understanding of this very tough decision.

To those who had amassed significant VNRL dollars last season and were looking forward to purchasing a full level account this season with them, good news. Whatever future game eventuates your VNRL dollars from 2004 will be redeemable.

Thank you all once again, and we hope season 2005 brings success to whatever team(s) you support.

Virtual Leagues Team

If you are a corporate entity interested in being involved in the renaissance of this and possibly other games in 2006, we urge you to contact us at info@myvirtualsport.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)