Visual Arts Essay, and artists. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey friends, I've got a massive essay to complete.
I have to research and gather information about four different contemporary artists, and their body of works. Each artists should exemplify one of the FOUR FRAMES being the - Subjective, Structural, Post Modern and Cultural frames.
Now i have to write three essays using these artists answering these questions.

PRACTICE
1. "As an artist, you are not a machine in a studio. You are not working alone, you are in a community, working with other people"
With reference to this view, explain the significance of collaboration in artistic practice.

2.How do constraints on the practices of artists/designers/architects influence what they do and make ? Make reference to at least TWO of the following in your response: Site, Views of the art critics and art historians, historical precedents, materials and technologies, time, audience expectations.

CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK
1.Explain how artists can borrow concepts and approaches from other artists and yet their artworks are still regarded as original ?

2. Discuss how digital media challenges the ways in which audiences experience artworks. In your answer refer to relevant examples.

FRAMES
1. Analyse the ways in which artists communicate through the use of particular symbols and organisational relationships in their artworks. In your answer, you could consider practitioners including artists, architects, designers and filmmakers.

2. "Meaning is rarely obvious: Meaning has to be made" Discuss this statement with reference to different interpretations of art and a range of artworks.

I have to pick three essay questions, 1 from each of the headers; CONCEPTUAL,FRAMES and PRACTICE. I'm looking for guidance on what you would suggest to be the better picks, where to start and how to complete this enormous essay in two weeks. Thank you all in advance, i know this is probably just a shitty post clogging up the forum but i'm really hopeless with art and i cant get anywhere with this essay with my attempts. im stressing the hell out lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)