Visual Arts.... Physics? (2 Viewers)

Eg155

HSC
Was just wondering.... should I drop one of my subjects for VA even though the art faculty isn't *great*... I'm not quite sure if I want to pursue medicine as badly now... I'm thinking more along the lines of a philosophy/science or business degree instead :L Should I consider picking up visual arts again (did it in year 9 & 10) because it was my best subject by far? Or do economics or physics?? So confused and it's the last opportunity to change subjects as of monday.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Was just wondering.... should I drop one of my subjects for VA even though the art faculty isn't *great*... I'm not quite sure if I want to pursue medicine as badly now... I'm thinking more along the lines of a philosophy/science or business degree instead :L Should I consider picking up visual arts again (did it in year 9 & 10) because it was my best subject by far? Or do economics or physics?? So confused and it's the last opportunity to change subjects as of monday.
I am not in year 11 yet but I definitely plan to choose Visual Arts next year :)

I think it just makes sense to choose what you love doing. Good luck with your decision :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Eggie!!!
I suggest you write a pros and cons list for this decision. But if you really want to take VA you should.

Though which subject were you thinking of dropping? Which do you enjoy less/do worse in?

Confused cause I thought you dropped physics already.

Eg155

HSC
Hey Eggie!!!
I suggest you write a pros and cons list for this decision. But if you really want to take VA you should.

Though which subject were you thinking of dropping? Which do you enjoy less/do worse in?

Confused cause I thought you dropped physics already.
Sissyy!! hahah :D
Yeaaa i did drop physics but i dunno, 'i want you back' comes to mind? :L hahaha hmmmm... my bio teacher said ill need to know physics for med gamsat if i dont make it in straight away...
I was thinking of dropping....umm.... good question... modern?

ohhh nd i was thinking of not doing med at all anymore :L maybe doing philosophy and seeing where that goes ?

qwerty44

HSC
I think uu should do VA.

If you need physics for GAMSAT, you can learn it later.

You like VA the best but physics and economics scale better????

Last edited:

Eg155

HSC
I think uu should do VA.

If you need physics for GAMSAT, you can learn it later.

You like VA the best but physics and economics scale better????
yeaa im going to do VA just gotta figure out wat to drop :L
eco's probs a no coz i've missed a whole term's work. catching up on a term's worth of jap is a laborious task on its own :(
...i'll keep away from physics i think... maths and science never mixed for me :(

qwerty44

HSC
Well drop the one you least like and you think it taking more time than it's worth.

planino

HSC
Some girl at tutor told me that her brother was forced to do physics in Y11/12 and he screwed up his HSC cos of physics. You have the luxury of choice so do what you really enjoy and since you don't feel like doing med anymore (where's the physics in that? I'd think it's more chem/bio related but I could be wrong) it's easier for you to choose VA, and a subjective subject like that could be useful for philosophy.

If you wanted to do med for the salary, then it's kinda unfair since people in med usually deal with helping the sick, not their wallets (not saying that you are wanting to do it for the salary). The trends today's society show that you're most likely going to change careers multiple times any way so enjoy the last couple of years before adulthood :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends how 'bad' the creative arts faculty is.

If it's just under average then just pick VA if you like it.

Choose what you love, reject what you hate.

As for Economics, you need to be very interested in it to do well (applies to all subject but for Eco, it's nearly a must).
Physics - A good thing about doing all 3 sciences is that you'll smash all the practicals due to the amount of exposure to practicals.

If you like Modern, keep it. If you hate it, replace it.

Eg155

HSC
who cares where the teacher taught. do you like the subject?
yea I do :L
...decided to drop jap now... starting a whole term late has led to a massive workload and confusion.. only one thing to decide physics or va :L hahaah yay almost there! :)

Eg155

HSC
You guys have a long time to change your subjects, our deadline was like week 6.
That's probably a good deadline. Starting a whole subject a term later is laborious!
It's only because people at my school screw up their halfies really bad and complain :L
....BUT in saying that I don't think it would be possible to switch from art to physics :L but u can go the reverse :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh ok, dropping Jap sounds good.

But I was being pretty adamant about you not taking physics back up, you dropped it for a reason.

You can switch your subjects so late. We had like 4 weeks max.

Northey7

HSC
Im having the same problem. Our deadline was week 7 but still unsure of subject. Deputy told me to wait until after our exams (week 3 and 4) to find which is my weakest subject & change then.

My subject are:
English Adv
English Ext 1
Maths 2U
Physics
Engineering
Modern History
Dance

Help? what should i drop????
Thinking of dropping either modern for pdhpe or physics?
thanks

qwerty44

HSC
yea I do :L
...decided to drop jap now... starting a whole term late has led to a massive workload and confusion.. only one thing to decide physics or va :L hahaah yay almost there! :)
Do VA. Didn't you drop Physics because you hated it?

Eg155

HSC
Oh ok, dropping Jap sounds good.

But I was being pretty adamant about you not taking physics back up, you dropped it for a reason.

You can switch your subjects so late. We had like 4 weeks max.
lol yeaa. I remember what a pain it was so I said no too :)

Im having the same problem. Our deadline was week 7 but still unsure of subject. Deputy told me to wait until after our exams (week 3 and 4) to find which is my weakest subject & change then.

My subject are:
English Adv
English Ext 1
Maths 2U
Physics
Engineering
Modern History
Dance

Help? what should i drop????
Thinking of dropping either modern for pdhpe or physics?
thanks
But don't you already do physics... ? Your sig says so...

Do VA. Didn't you drop Physics because you hated it?
yaap. haha dw, bought a VA diary today :D smiles all round. Going to love going to school on Monday to change my subjects with the same teacher, again. He already thinks I'm insane :'( ...

qwerty44

HSC
So are planning on staying with these subjects, or are you going to change again later on? Because your school doesn't seem to stop you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)