Visual images (1 Viewer)

bonniejjj

HSC
I have recently changed my major work from a short animated film to a short story. This is because, although I had made a lot of progress, I was concerned I wouldn't complete it in time, therefore jeopardising my HSC. To my question... the syllabus states:

"In some cases students will include visual images as an integral part of the major work. These will not be assessed on their artistic merit but on the contribution they make to the completed product."

I want to include stills from my animation (3d computer generated) to illustrate my story. I was wondering if people thought it was appropriate, and if anyone else is doing this.

~ Bonnie

sevenpuddings

HSC
I'm adding in pictures too... I think if its going to help your overall concept then its a good idea. Thats what I'm hoping my pictures will do... at moments I just hope having a picture there will make it mean more.

J

jhakka

It's your work. You should know if it's appropriate.

In any case, if it adds to the overall effect of your work, then add it in. If it's just in there to look pretty, then don't. It won't help (unless the markers can somehow see how it adds to the effect).

timmay05

HSC
Okay - I actually inquired to the Board Of Studies about this, as with my question about fonts other than Arial and Times New Roman.

They will not be marked, the markers are told not to look at them. I asked about placing them under the words on the page - and was told not to.

In short if your major work relies alot on images to supplement the text make sure you place them somewhere where the marker can not avoid seeing them.

I have chosen not to include any in the end and am instead trying to acheive same affects by word layout and arrangment on the page.

J

jhakka

timmay05 said:
Okay - I actually inquired to the Board Of Studies about this, as with my question about fonts other than Arial and Times New Roman.

They will not be marked, the markers are told not to look at them. I asked about placing them under the words on the page - and was told not to.

In short if your major work relies alot on images to supplement the text make sure you place them somewhere where the marker can not avoid seeing them.

I have chosen not to include any in the end and am instead trying to acheive same affects by word layout and arrangment on the page.
I stand corrected. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)