Viva Voce...i don;t know (1 Viewer)

HSC
  • What are the thematic issues of your text?
What does that mean? I have to answer this qestion for tomorrow and I don't know what to say about it. I have the interview tomorrow, and I'm writing notes for it, but I don't know what to say to this question. Can anyone give me a hint please?

One more thing, sorry:)

• What are your plans for the completion of the text?
To this question, should I just be saying:
"I plan to have this done in 'x' amount of days/weeks" ?

Thanks, very tired, very busy. very cold.

renton

HSC
for the second question, i interpret it as by the end of your major work, what do you want it to have accomplished - i'd talk about purpose there, some shit bout personal connection to the work and how you've managed to serve your purpose efficiently

thematic concerns - maybe thats the actual bulk of your work - the concerns on both level of ideas and style.

ask ur mates who r doin it theyll help u out

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
  • What are the thematic issues of your text?
What does that mean? I have to answer this qestion for tomorrow and I don't know what to say about it. I have the interview tomorrow, and I'm writing notes for it, but I don't know what to say to this question. Can anyone give me a hint please?

One more thing, sorry:)

• What are your plans for the completion of the text?
To this question, should I just be saying:
"I plan to have this done in 'x' amount of days/weeks" ?

Thanks, very tired, very busy. very cold.

"Thematic issues" are the ideas/issues/concerns you voice throughout your major work, not just story/content-wise, but also the way you present your work.

The second question has the same function as the proposal, but this is about what you have completed thus far, and what else you wish to achieve.

It's best not to look at sample questions/answers in the build-up to your interview, because they aren't any good. If you know what you're doing, you know what you have to say you should have the confidence to impress your markers. There is no right or wrong in this situation: you just have to show them an understanding sufficient for 20/20 or whatever it is.

pungemo

HSC
But if you are asked that question and are unable to decipher what it means you're in a little trouble. You could ask your teacher about it, or if its asked in the interview ask the teacher to please explain/elaborate.

Anyway this is how I see it:
The thematic issues are, basically speaking, the ideas expressed in your text that are carried through its entire course. For mine, being set in a virtual reality and involving robots and multiple planes of existence, I would say my thematic issues would be mostly about how we, as people, percieve reality and how our context can influence it. Tie this in with all the constructed nature of meaning stuff from postmodernism and you have some good thematic issues.

The second question I find a little trickier. I would hesitantly guess that the its asking what you hope to achieve through the completion of the text and how you plan to get your ideas expressed through the remaining work. But I really am unsure here so its always best to check (but is it too late?)

HSC
Hey thanks for the explanation. I don’t know how that section went yet but it wasn’t as bad as I fearedI did it! It actually went well. Apparently, I spoke with clearly and with confidence. I think I should become an actor because I was sacred shitless! I also normally speak as if I just had throat surgery.

So yeah, happy days! :) <o:p></o:p>

pungemo

HSC
That's good to hear. I did my Viva Voce today too. Apparently it went really well because all I got was praise :) So that was a great relief, especially when everyone else was just coming out of an extension maths exam :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)