Viva voice (1 Viewer)

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
hmmz, mine is next term too, also casual with my ext 2 teacher, but the thing is, my teacher has suggested to get this friend of hers who is high in the english board of studies department to mark our viva voice and such - so intimidating! i hope we get the questions for ours aswell, we really haven't spoken about it, we've just focused on getting the first draft out of the way... its scary but, i dont mind speeches but this one is like intimating and scary!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
eek, we've been told we must submit a first draft by monday
50 words down, 5,950 to go :rolleyes:
they haven't said anything about the viva voce though

J

jhakka

Originally posted by glycerine
eek, we've been told we must submit a first draft by monday
50 words down, 5,950 to go :rolleyes:
they haven't said anything about the viva voce though
Oh cool. I'm not the only one who's done next to nothing.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I got 9/10 for my viva voce (part 1). It was the highest mark she gave out. There will be a second viva voce next term to make it out of 20 and she said she's willing to give everyone full marks once we've all done more...but I thought I did really well, nothing else i could do to make it better...i had fun, not bad at all..very casual...i felt good

oscar_wilde

What questions r u asked? if n e 1 can post them be very grateful. Thanks.
we haven't even been told bout a viva voce... what is it? some kinda informal speech with ur teacher? is it wit everyone else in ur ee2 class sitting thee or on ur own?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by oscar_wilde
What questions r u asked? if n e 1 can post them be very grateful. Thanks.
we haven't even been told bout a viva voce... what is it? some kinda informal speech with ur teacher? is it wit everyone else in ur ee2 class sitting thee or on ur own?

We watched each others and each went for 15-20 mins. We had our ext teacher and head teacher and advanced teacher. It wasn't informal, but it was pretty laid back. We got the questions beforehand, I just wrote dot points to make sure I covered everything. They flipped through my journal, asked additional questions...just about my progress, obstacles encountered, further plans, etc. I will post my questions when I am home to give you an idea.

olay

HSC
we get a "possible questions" sorta list. i think they might spring some on us but oh well. i was just wondering, do u guys know if we get marked down or not if we haven't done very much in way of creation of our MWs? cause i've gone through a lot of ideas and have pretty much only got like....?5? cells of my storyboard.? :( i'm scared they're gonna mark me down for it!!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
the highest mark someone got in our class without storyboard and without footage was 8.5/10.... very talented bullshitters man

olay

HSC
*scratches head* so how much you've done does affect ur mark?

LoL bullshitting aside, that is.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
oh, i sooo dont wanna do mine......... we have a kinda 'trial' viva voce next week i think..... our teacher is checkin our journals and first drafts (of which, i have only written 50 words... as i said in another post, does that constitute a first draft!? lol, guess im gonna find out huh) and she also said she will be having an informal chat with us. But i will completely be bullsh*ttin the whole way thru, i just waffle in everything. i guess thats why im so good at creative writing haha

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
people got 7/10 cause they didnt show enough work..but they all did good talks so they still got a good mark

olay

HSC
ahh. so it does matter. :(

well luckily ours is post half yrlys..... so i think i'll do as much as i can in 2 wks and try n wowsers them into giving me a good mark :D

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
We just got our notification for Viva Voce 2, Return of the Horror. Week 4/5, Term 2. Have to produced final drafts/products.... and some of you guys haven't even done a Viva Voce yet!!!
This isn't fair.

cheeky_panda

HSC
Does anyone have any tips on how to get good marks for the viva voce. Mines next week and im not sure whether to talk casually or what? Ours is an informal interview?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
if urs is an informal interview, talk casually but sophisticated and intelligent at the same time. Do not use "like". It may be casual, but you're not telling your teachers about what u did on the weekend, "and like this guy, he like came up to me, and like he told me...." etc.

Ours are formal interviews, but at times the teachers like to liven them up with pathetic jokes. lol It's funny coz the jokes are sad, so everyone ends up laughing anyway!

KarmaKitten

HSC
i think i did fairly well, it was not as bad as i thought it would be. it really helped that i had done a lot on my major work

kimmy_nlhs

My Viva Voce is some time soon.... I think
Its a really serious one....
A bit worried
Head teacher of english, Head teacher of history and my viva voce teacher..........
I have to read excerpts................ I dont have any
lol

I stuffed!

What do i say anyway?

Cheers Kim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)