Viva voice (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I wouldn't complain if I were that guy. My proposal was out of 10 and I got 8. Not a bad mark when put into context, though 20% is a lot to lose.

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
cheeky_panda said:
We received our viva voice assessment task this week. Has anyone else? WHat is the nature of your task. For our school we have a casual interview. We already have a copy of the questions to be asked.
we did ours.
we had to talk about the difficulties we had, why we chose our form, what our stories or poems etc were about, why we used certain conventions and why we challenged others, and why we used certain text types in our works etc etc.
really easy.
i got full marks......such a relief - you get really nervous before you do it but after you realise that it wasnt that bad

J

jhakka

I guess who is marking the thing affects how nervous you'll be. Both my English teachers (Advanced/Ext 1 and Ext 2) were marking mine so I was pretty happy to go in there. It was fun.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
glycerine said:
How can they "not believe" in full marks? If you fulfill all the requirements in the outcomes for full marks, you should get full marks. S/he's marking you unfairly in that case.
Its because of the external marking issue. Schools have a marking scale of 1 to 100, whereas the Board of Studies mark from a scale of 50 to 100, so by nature, the school must be more reluctant to give full marks, so they'll settle with 19/20 instead of 20/20, which will be all relative antway because your mark will be bumped up by weighting.

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
the "no 100% rule" doesn't apply at my school for adv english.....well not for one particular girl anyway.... maybe cos the teachers know she cries if she gets anything less!!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Persephone87 said:
Its because of the external marking issue. Schools have a marking scale of 1 to 100, whereas the Board of Studies mark from a scale of 50 to 100, so by nature, the school must be more reluctant to give full marks, so they'll settle with 19/20 instead of 20/20, which will be all relative antway because your mark will be bumped up by weighting.
no, but there's a thing called standards based referencing which they implemented in the new hsc. supposedly it makes internal marking fairer, and also means that there's no such thing as a teacher who doesn't 'believe' in full marks... because you have a set of standards to fulfill and if you do you get the marks, you know what i'm saying?

zerzillia

No on in my ee2 class gets full marks (i think) but they get pretty close.

Our weighting is as follows:
proposal - 20%
viva voce - 40%
report 40%

my mark just gets better! so i am happy with ee2.
proposal - 16/20
viva voce - 16/20
report - 17/20

um.....yeah, it's not great but the people in my class is so talented! >_<
i feel like i can't compete.

skazmonger

Crunch!
HSC
zerzillia said:
Our weighting is as follows:
proposal - 20%
viva voce - 40%
report 40%
I'm pretty sure that my school's weighting's the same as your's. I did good on the proposal... and the Viva's tomorrow, which will bomb :S

And I haven't heard anything about the report since like term 4 of 2003. What is it again?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
at our school we don't do a report.

We do the proposal, /10 - i got 9
Viva Voce /20 - i got 19 (which was really good since i was really ill on the day - i had pharyngitis and had lost my voice plus could stop coughing.)
Instead of a report we do the reflection statement /20. They do that instead cos they said too many people in the actual external marking were losing marks for the reflection statement, so this way we knew sort of how they were going to mark it. i got 17

overall school mark - 45/50
HOWEVER, i haven't finished m y major work, and the bit i have done is absolute crap. Does EE2 get scaled? if so, how much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)