Voice recorder for lectures (1 Viewer)

glass

HSC
Anyone know or using a good quality voice recorder/mp3 player that they use for lectures?

Features im lookin for:
* clear quality voice recorder
* can also play music (i dont know if they're all called mp3 players but preferably ones that can play more formats than only mp3s?)
* small in size
* display screen
* price range: up to $200
* Memory?? I duno how big i need? 1GB? 2GB?

I've read a few posts with ppl suggesting creative zens, irivers etc but the zens look a bit big ...

Any recommendations would be great :)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Hey,

Honestly, I purchased a voice recorder during the beginning of this year and had trouble hearing what the lecturer said - It's an MP3 Player/Recorder. What I do now though is use my laptop during the lectures. I turn the inbuilt microphone on, and sit near the front of the room, in the corner. The program I use to record the voice is called Audacity (you can even convert the recorded voice into MP3 format to replay, on your MP3 player), and it's a free program:

http://filehippo.com/download/02625538fa3c60408ae464c2de53e2c6/download/

Maybe I'd trouble hearing because the MP3 player was cheap, but if you do have a laptop with an inbuilt microphone, try what I said first.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I use my laptop as well, and record through Microsoft OneNote. It seems to do the trick.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Has anyone tried the ones that you can stick on top of an ipod?

CieL

HSC
I'd just use my w800i phone... lol

Can record sounds, is basically an mp3 player, small, has a display screen, not sure about the current price, and you can put a 2gig memory card in.. not to mention when you buy it it already has 1035mb anyway..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)