Volume of gasses... (1 Viewer)

Matt2233

HSC
Hey, could anyone help me out with the below question? I don't remember my chem teacher going over this in class and have no idea what do do at all -_-

The burning of sulfur can be described by the following equation:

S(s) + O2(S) --> SO2(g)

What volume of sulfur dioxide gas will be released at 25 degrees Celsius and 101.3 kPa when 8.00g of sulfur is burnt?

I know this is a basic question, but like i said im teaching myself here haha.
Thanks HEAPS for any input :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Find the amount of moles of sulfur which would be the same as the moles of SO2. Since you have the moles of SO2 just multiply it with with the Ideal gas volume at 25oC which is on the HSC data sheet.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
For any gas, the number of moles in a certain volume under equal conditions is equal.

n = v/mV --> moles = volume/molar which is an equation you need to know that explains this relationship. It works for gases only.

The value of mV corresponding to the given temperature and pressure is given on the HSC data sheet :)

Matt2233

HSC
Find the amount of moles of sulfur which would be the same as the moles of SO2. Since you have the moles of SO2 just multiply it with with the Ideal gas volume at 25oC which is on the HSC data sheet.

For any gas, the number of moles in a certain volume under equal conditions is equal.

n = v/mV --> moles = volume/molar which is an equation you need to know that explains this relationship. It works for gases only.

The value of mV corresponding to the given temperature and pressure is given on the HSC data sheet :)

Thanks so much! really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)