babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
But can one student actually do that?
I'm going to damn well try
Nebuchanezzar said:
I'll vote for you if you answer my question. I looked in the law thread and saw that a post had been made with previous mark distributions for some law courses. The person who posted it said they got it from the registrar. If I was to wish to see previous mark distributions for first year science and math courses, do I go to student central and ask to see them?
To be honest I'm not really sure. I've seen documents online about general mark distributions. I think it'd be best if you check firstly with your course co-ordinator and see what they say. If you don't get a clear answer from them, try going to Student Central then.
Nebuchanezzar said:
Some people just don't want to pay $256.80 per semester for something which they don't have the time to use. Apart from the crappy magazine and O-week, I haven't used anything from the Source and hence I don't see why I should be forced to pay money for things I don't use. Actually, I was talking to someone a few weeks ago who said that he'd never really used any of the things that the money goes toward. It's hardly fair that someone like him, or me should be forced to pay money for something we don't wish to use is it? VSU all the way.
Most students are unaware of this, but pre-VSU, nobody is actually forcing you to pay for the student organisations. You can actually state that you do not want to pay for these organisations and you won't have to pay the fees. It's a bit of a long bow to draw though, and I've never actually heard of anyone doing it. I went to an anti-VSU rally and was told this by several students.

Like I said earlier, I understand why a lot of students wouldn't want to pay these fees, but it'll be sad to see the services degenerate when students stop paying for them just because they can.
ohne said:
I appreciate the fact you took the time to answer my questions and I have decided to vote for you on that basis. [...] Nevertheless, I am sure that both myself and other users would welcome greater information regarding your political views across a range of areas.
Thanks a lot ohne! :) This is the thing, I WANT to be accessible to students. BoS is one way that I can be.
elfm said:
how come you're 18 and in 3rd year? did you skip like 1 or 2 grades in high school or something you crazy cat
Yeah, I skipped two grades in primary school. Doesn't mean I'm smart now :p
ohne said:
Personally I am strongly in favour of VSU, but this doesn't have much to do with the acedemic board. [...] Nevertheless, I am sure that both myself and other users would welcome greater information regarding your political views across a range of areas.
As I said earlier, I only turned 18 at the end of last year, so I'm yet to form any strong political opinion. But personally, I don't think I'll strongly swing in any direction (so I'm not a Communist or anything like that, no!). I don't think I want to say "I'll vote for X party forever". When it comes to the time, like any election, I want to look at all sides and vote for a party/candidate on the merit of their policies.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i do economics/arts...so i thought that i would get a ballot paper for both the fce and the arts faculty

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Arts and Economics are part of the same thing. It's essentially theory subjects (bare with me) vs. practical subjects. Sciences, engineering and medicine type subjects could be regarded as more practical than commerce, law and arts based subjects...as in, they're more hands on. Mmmm, yes, that made sense.

Most students are unaware of this, but pre-VSU, nobody is actually forcing you to pay for the student organisations. You can actually state that you do not want to pay for these organisations and you won't have to pay the fees. It's a bit of a long bow to draw though, and I've never actually heard of anyone doing it. I went to an anti-VSU rally and was told this by several students.

Like I said earlier, I understand why a lot of students wouldn't want to pay these fees, but it'll be sad to see the services degenerate when students stop paying for them just because they can.
I was told by some source that if you elect not to pay the student union fees, that you're still obliged to make a student contribution. That contribution will be allocated by the treasury to the university itself rather then things that the union organises.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
he forgets that unsw people hate usyd...well actually not exactly literally, but we are sort of rivals...i still think unsw is better but if we had a little more grass...err garden...then itd be cooler...

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hope you win the Election Nancy-san!

I'll vote you no. 1, the other guys are just way too 'power-hungry', and they've taken the best jobs for like so many years already, it's better to have change. Also, I think you helped me last time with my course selections stuff as well, so I'm pretty sure that you'll do a great job in the committee.

Ganbattte Kudasai!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
sorry i don't like how you pander to the pandas as part of your policy. plus i'm not at UNSW.

NT-social

HSC
hey just asking but is it compulsory to vote...i got the letters in the mail and i cant be bothered, do we have to ? maybe when im bored i might change my mind and vote, but do we really have to ?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Did people who do Bcomm/Bsci receive letters from both electorate A&B?
I only got A...

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
politik said:
That's because you're enrolled in an FCE degree. You only receive a ballot paper for the faculty who administers your program.
Redslert, please see above.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
on the same note though, Science/Arts is administered by the faculty of Science and I got ballot papers for both electorates

gogo inconsistency

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Science/Education also gets both...but it's administered by, well, supposedly Psychology, but they aren't very good at administering.

elfm

HSC
MedNez said:
Is that a yes or a no?
read politiks reply then read yours. if you can't figure it out by then, you're a stupid head

kirstin hunter

HSC
ohne said:
I won't be voting due to the fact the letter I recieved is not postage paid and you have to provide your own stamp. I don't see the benefit in paying 50 cents for 1 vote to the academic board.
If you take the envelope in to uni, you can hand it in to the elections office (in the Chancellery), or drop it in to the internal mail through someone on campus (The Source or the Student Guild would probably be a good bet) - it doesn't have to have a stamp for the internal mail system.

Might take a bit more effort than dropping it in the post, but at least you don't have to pay ;)

Edit: OK so if I had've kept reading I would have seen this answered a couple of posts later anyway... Oh well :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)