Vote which cooling is the best (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
In your opinion people tell me which CPU cooling is the best and why. i provide the Names and a picture of each one.

if i missed some, just tell me what it was. i am doing the most recent ones,

Thermaltake Golden Orb II

Thermaltake Blue Orb II

Thermaltake Beetle CPU Cooler

Thermaltake Sonic Tower CL-P0071

Thermaltake Big Typhoon CL-P0114

Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu

Zalman CNPS9500-Cu LED

CoolerMaster Aquagate Mini R80 (water cooling)

Scythe Ninja Heatpipe Cooler SCNJ-1000

Zalman FSC-77 CPU Cooler

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Choose between Thermaltake Big Typhoon (and Sonic Tower and Scythe Ninja if you're willing to buy a fan) and Zalman CNPS9500.

The Orbs and Beetle is not as good as the ones mentioned above. The CNPS7000 has been superceded twice already. The aquagate is poor in both performance and noise. The FSC77 is too loud in my opinion.

The Sonic Tower and Scythe Ninja are good heatsinks, but if you're running a Prescott/Smithfield a fan is highly advised. With a fan the Sonic Tower performances slightly better than the Big Typhoon, and the Scythe Ninja keeps up with the rest of the field as well.

The Big Typhoon is very quiet at max speed (1600rpm). The CNPS9500 performs better than it at max (2600rpm) but at the same noise level as Big Typhoon, the Big Typhoon could be better. So it's a question of whether you want to overclock really.

Here's a reviews with figures:

Big Typhoon, Sonic Tower, Ninja and CPNS 9500

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i personally dont care about the noise, when i am on the computer i listen to music and cant hear the PC working anyway. and at night i can fall asleep even if theres an air strike. noise doesnt really effect me. i would rather get something that cools better, then cools less but quiter

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
when it comes to Thermaltake Big Typhoon, i question if the fan is effective, because the heatsink is raised so far up.

look

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Get a Scythe Ninja and a fan that moves the most air then.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
so bascily if i want a fan with the ninja , i put it on the side of the heatsink.

thats a beast of a heatsink btw, i hope it fits properly in my thermaltake soprano case

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
SashatheMan said:
when it comes to Thermaltake Big Typhoon, i question if the fan is effective, because the heatsink is raised so far up.

look

The actual heatsink is next to the fan. The heat pipes transfer heat from the base plate to the heatsink.

You don't know much about coolers do you?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Am i right thinking that , with Zalman CNPS9500 fan heatsink i have to screw it on the motherboard before i connect the moterboard to the case?

coolkoombaya

HSC
the new stock heatsink/coolers on the current amds and intel cpus are very good, they perform well, are realively quiet, and you dont have to pay more. they look ugly but, no fancy lights or extras, if your into those kinda things

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
coolkoombaya said:
the new stock heatsink/coolers on the current amds and intel cpus are very good, they perform well, are realively quiet, and you dont have to pay more. they look ugly but, no fancy lights or extras, if your into those kinda things
i heard another wise.

anyway since i started this thread i bought zalman 9500 and am very happy with it.

HSC
how much do they cost, my computer and the fan noise is TERRIBLE!!

and do u need to get a technician to do it? :mad1:

Last edited:
HSC
politik said:
If you know how to follow poorly translated Chinese instructions then you'll be fine. I just fitted in a Thermaltake Big Water Cooling System myself last week.

lol, i better get somone to do it for me, i can mess my comp probably with 1 mistake. so how much does the 1 u fitted cost?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
At that price ($400) you better be getting an Asetek or Swiftech system.

Personally for low level water cooling, I like the Gigabyte Galaxy. Might not fit some cases, and slightly more expensive, but it performs better at max speed and isn't bad when slower too.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
hehe i probably wouldn't worry about cooling for another 6 months :D
Winter time is coming, there's your free chilled air.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
But unless you live in Siberia, your cool air isn't going to match your $1200 freon system :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)