Vote which cooling is the best (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
the best value cpu cooling is the stock cooling
shit back in the day when p4 2.8 was the best my mate got his 2.4 at 3.6 (533 bus) running as smooth as a baby's butt

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Peltier cooling is where its at.....

Water cooling is great, you can shift some pretty huge ammounts of heat but you'll never go as low as is otherwise possible.

IMO the ultimate cooling solution is a peltier on the CPU (possible to drive the CPU to sub-zero like this) and then water-cool the hot side of the peltier. And use a radiator as opposed to resevoir system.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
With modern day CPUs and GPUs outputting 100+W of heat, peltier is becoming unfeasible. To remove that heat using a peltier, the peltier itself has to generate about 3 times that heat, and 300W is just too much to be removed even using a water system. While you might not reach below room temperature, water cooling on its own is good enough. And if extreme cooling is needed, you can always resort to freon.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Uh, no. My Intel LGA775 stock cooler struggled with the load and heat the CPU outputted, and spent most of the time on high spin, meaning my Computer sounded like a jet engine.
yeh i agree.

my old pentium 4, had a stock fan, which was very loud. It did the job fine, and kept my pc running without crashing, but once yuo get a good cooling fan, you dotn wanna go back.

HSC
my HP computer is breathing warm air, i need to replace a new fan or some cooler, i dont wanna send my comp to some guy but i want someone to come over my house to do it and i'll pay, any1 know whats the best store for a call up?

A z T e X

HSC
personally out of those choices i would get the blue orb.... but yeah getting water cooling sooon! weeeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)