VSU- your thoughts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

somborac

HSC
what are your thoughts on VSU and why?

personally i am against it because then all the uni sport organisations will go fown the drain.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
natstar said:
I seriously couldent give a fuck.
Now that's the attitude all young Australian's should aspire to! Natstar for Australian of the year!

Generator

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Why, its true. I participate in uni activities, so my money is worth it, so i dont care about paying. If it turns out we dont have to pay, well thats just a bonus isent it.
Natstar, wouldn't it have made more sense to have elaborated back within your first post? The post as it appears is rather pathetic, especially given your status as a benefactor.

Generator

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Why do I need to explain my self to you? I dont care- I think thats pretty self explanatory
Natstar, you cannot be suggesting that your first post was in anyway adequate given your response to iamaware's post?

somborac

HSC
i think WA got VSU and all of their cafeteria and food got really expensive...and with VSU there won't be uni games...and everyone likes uni games...coz its like schoolies

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Natstar, you cannot be suggesting that your first post was in anyway adequate given your response to iamaware's post?
No one cares. Honestly, shut the fuck up, this isn't the debate forum.

somborac said:
what are your thoughts on VSU and why?
This topic has been done to death, in a multitude of contexts. Search the forums. If that doesn't satisfy you, search Google.

Forgive my (and I'm sure other's) apathy towards the question, but many of us are simply sick to death of the 'pro VSU/anti VSU' propaganda that has been drilled into us pretty much nonstop since the start of the year. Personally, I'm for it. You're against it? Here, have a medal. I honestly couldn't care less what anyone elses views are on the matter.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
hfis said:
No one cares. Honestly, shut the fuck up, this isn't the debate forum.
I'd hate to inform you, but that's what you are doing right now.

This topic has been done to death, in a multitude of contexts. Search the forums. If that doesn't satisfy you, search Google.
True.

Forgive my (and I'm sure other's) apathy towards the question, but many of us are simply sick to death of the 'pro VSU/anti VSU' propaganda that has been drilled into us pretty much nonstop since the start of the year. Personally, I'm for it. You're against it? Here, have a medal. I honestly couldn't care less what anyone elses views are on the matter.
You sure? You seem to.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
VSU vs. NO VSU its all about money. Money does not make the world go round, and should certainly not be used for debate topics on such forums

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
PrincessSJ said:
Money does not make the world go round, and should certainly not be used for debate topics on such forums
So what planet are you from again?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
somborac said:
i think WA got VSU and all of their cafeteria and food got really expensive...and with VSU there won't be uni games...and everyone likes uni games...coz its like schoolies
Schoolies funded on others money. But then again I'm sure you have no problem funding many state dinners for politicians and their holidays.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i hate vsu
the real reason is probably cause i hate the attention seeking gay union members who protest against it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmm yes...
VSU = good.

Who here likes paying part of their taxes so that politicians can go on overseas holidays with families that are supposed to be for "research"?
We pay part our uni fees for the exact same thing - student politicians flying around the country at our expense to argue for things that a minority of students support

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
natstar said:
Why, its true. I participate in uni activities, so my money is worth it, so i dont care about paying. If it turns out we dont have to pay, well thats just a bonus isent it.
You can put your money towards English lessons.

Minai said:
Mmm yes...
VSU = good.

Who here likes paying part of their taxes so that politicians can go on overseas holidays with families that are supposed to be for "research"?
We pay part our uni fees for the exact same thing - student politicians flying around the country at our expense to argue for things that a minority of students support
Hrm, a lot of that money does go towards things you use that you take for granted, such as any discount on textbooks you purchase, clubs and societies you're apart of etc.

Though I do agree too much of the money we pay is spent on student politics. Student Unionism is not like real unionism. We don't get many real benefits from it, only little things to enjoy uni, not to make life easier.

somborac

HSC
hfis said:
i dont spend every living day on this forum to know what topics have been already discussed, i tried searching but didnt find anything.

hfis said:
hahaha, i dont know how other people view it, but i view it like this....

you can be for VSU because you dont need it, maybe because you just go to uni to learn and study...but then if your mentality was implemented in everyday life as "i'll pay for what i use"...then i can say "i wont pay taxes for public transport, for the playground, for whatever because i dont use any of that" and we'll be all fked and the system will go down.

cheers.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
somborac said:
.then i can say "i wont pay taxes for public transport, for the playground, for whatever because i dont use any of that" and we'll be all fked and the system will go down.
What's wrong with that?

So long as we fund hospitals, education and emergency services (because everyone does use these/is affected by at some stage, we'll be fine. Why should public transport patrons not get what they pay for?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
natstar said:
What English lessons? If you cant understand what I write, unlike everyone else, your the one that needs English lessons.

Its funny what people do when they dont agree with me.
what natstar should have said:
What English lessons? If you can't understand what I write, unlike everyone else, then you're the one that needs English lessons.

It's funny what people do when they don't agree with me.
Well done, only five errors.

Also, as shown above, I understand what you're saying, however I don't understand why you have to write it like a four year old.

One more thing, who said I didn't agree with you? :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Liberal Scum said:
What's wrong with that?

So long as we fund hospitals, education and emergency services (because everyone does use these/is affected by at some stage, we'll be fine. Why should public transport patrons not get what they pay for?
Depends on what you consider property. I'm assuming you are taxing the companies quite heavily for all the environmental issues associated by the use of their products. Why fund the emergency services? Why should I pay for someone else not getting their wiring checked regularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)