Wag the Dog - Powerplay (1 Viewer)

morgue

Does anyone have some stuff on film techniques, good quotes, character relationships &/or specific scenes to do with Powerplay for the film Wag the Dog?
Thanx in advance

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I'm not sure if this will help, but I've just started Year 12 and we're covering Wag the Dog for Truth in the Media.

I think a good quote is: "The war is over, I saw it on TV" - Brean

Sorry mate, that's all I got. I've got an essay question to do with that quote in it, so it's been stuck in my head for a while.

the xc3ption

lighting:
- its predominatly blue at the beginning- perhaps to show the democratic society of America (no ones been able to explain that to me- so thats only a guess)
- its gets dark midway when they are about to be found out
- it then gets into firey shades such as the reds and oranges- (remember when the plane crashed and the old shoe was shot?)
- then when everything all fine again and the presidents re-election is a sure thing the lighting becomes unrealistically bright

cast choice-
- cameos all the way throughout the movie (gave it a Hollywood feel- remember that the whole war is a fake so the cameos added to the idea of fakeness)

music-
- was scored in a way- Willie Nelson wrote them for the war

quotes? just one really annoying one- "Why change horses mid-stream?"
"we're declaring war on Albania"
"why Albania?"
"why not?"
- remember that no one asked twice why Albania- it shoewed the really power that Conrad Bream held.

powerplay?
Conrad Bream aka Mr Fix it- holds more power than the president, but there is a power struggle between him and the producer
however ultimately the real power belongs to the MEDIA- so talk about the munipulation that is evident

power relationships
- you can talk about how although you would think the president had the most power- it was really the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)